Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2001 Impala turn signal not working

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2006, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Impala turn signal not working

Hi...anyone knows how to fix an intermittenly malfunction turn signal? Once in a while, it will not work period. There is no sound, no signal lite blink, nothing. Other times, it works normal. Is it the multi-function turn signal switch that also works as wiper? Thanks for any help!
Old April 21st, 2006, 7:53 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: 2001 Impala turn signal not working

could be your relay cheaper to try that first cuse the muti switch is abour 200 300 bucks the relay is about 10 20
Old April 22nd, 2006, 1:45 AM
CF Beginner

Where is the relay? Is it part of the fuse? I couldn't find anything on the fuse box in the engine bay.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 10:38 AM
CF Senior Member

i think its behind the glove box. this sounds kind of dumb but turn the blinker on and lisen to where the sound is coming from. if it is behind the glove box you should be able totip the box forward and get at it that way. if its not there it tucked under the dash on the drivers side.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:59 AM
CF Beginner

Question 2000 Chevrolet Impala not working

Both of the turn signal indicator arrows are constantly glowing, when you move the turn signal up or down, the arrows both arrows blink very fast. How do you know which bulb is burnt out?
Old June 3rd, 2009, 11:07 AM
Impala Super Moderator

Go look at the bulbs. Reverse light, fog light..look at them all
Old June 3rd, 2009, 3:00 PM
CF Junior Member

if your blinkers dont work sometimes like mine did on my 02 just replace the hazard switch. it controls the blinkers. but it would require you taking off the dash. someone who knows nothing about cars can do this so it should be a snap
Old June 3rd, 2009, 8:32 PM
CF Junior Member

most likely when the turn signals stop working its the hazard switch.(the hazard switch also acts as the blinker module)its easy to tell if the hazard switch is going bad. next time the turn signals dont work turn on and off your hazard lights. if the signals start to work after you do that then theres the culprit.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 9:31 PM
Impala Super Moderator

^^^^ Nice to see you.
Old December 6th, 2012, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

OK....Getting ticked off....2000 Impala with no signals....flip the turn signal arm and all I got was a buzzing noise from the dash and the air bag, battery, and check engine lights in the dash illuminate.....I replaced the turn signal switch....dealer wanted $900....checker and Autozone $400....found it online for $74......installed it and still the same thing....then I replaced the Hazard warning/turn signal switch in the dash....now there is no more buzzing or battery light but I still have the air bag light illuminated and still NO TURN SIGNALS!!!.....I read on another post where it may be the ignition switch.....I'm getting tired of this car's electrical problems!....what a P.O.S.!...If the ignition switch doesn't cure the problem then what else can I try?...Maybe pushing it off a cliff?

Quick Reply: 2001 Impala turn signal not working