Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2002 chevy impala won't start please help

Old June 8th, 2016, 7:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 chevy impala won't start please help

my 2002 chevy impala will not crank at all when i go to start it. I had it towed to a mechanic and then it suddenly started working before he could inspect it. Now it won't crank yet again. the lights still come on and so does the AC, the radio however does not. it seems to effect my electronic locks as well. the passlock light does not come on, it alternates between security, battery and service vehicle lights. the starter does not make any spark or noise. i tried jumping it and charging the battery.
Old June 10th, 2016, 10:35 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you had the battery tested to see if it is ok? How are the cable connections at the battery, are they clean or all corroded? I had an intermittent no crank condition on a 2002 Impala LS with the 3.8L. It was caused by the crank relay that is located in the connection center on the RF strut tower. I replaced the relay marked crank relay with another one and it never had a problem again.

Search this Thread