Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2002 impala security non starting issues

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2010, 10:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2002 impala security non starting issues

i have a 2002 chevy impala with a 3.4 its a basic model ive had the car about a year now lately now that it hot the car wont start when its been closed up sitting if i remove the body control module and place in a cool area car starts right up with the security light on and a clicking noice coming from the steering column (possibly some where else just seems like this is where its coming from) and from around the glove department sometimes the radio is locked sometimes its fine . lately ive had to remove the bcm because my headlights and interior lights will flash , sometimes the car chimes like the headlights or key is in the ignition i believe its just the bcm is bad but i was told it could be the pass lock curious on your thoughts also another question is sometimes my wipers will not return to home and just stay up any ideas on what causes this it seems to be an issue with other impala cause ive seen it alot thanks for your imput
Old July 9th, 2010, 8:31 PM
Impala Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get your codes read