Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2006 Chevy Impala "Reduced Engine Power"

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2012, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2006 Chevy Impala "Reduced Engine Power"

Back in December i first recieved this error on my dash after setting the cruise control for 30 minutes or so. I was unable to go over 40mph and it was rough running. Brought into shop they cleaned the throttle body but said it was not a permant fix. Things were good until a few weeks ago when the problem came back but worse now I can't go over 20 mph.

The codes are:

P0455
P1516
P2101
P2135

I have a new throttle body on the way tomorrow but was beggining to second gues that this is the actual problem as I see it can be several things that throw these codes. Please help
Old March 5th, 2012, 9:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

there is a tsb for cleaning the t-body when this codes sets; so performing that step was a good first step.

3 of the codes are all throttle body or throttle position sensor related; so as long as the wiring is ok (there is a tsb for chaffed wiring) you will probably be ok in replacing the part.

the po4XX code is evap related and has nothing to do with the reduced power message.

Last edited by tech2; December 20th, 2012 at 6:50 PM. Reason: grammar error
Old March 5th, 2012, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Ya looked at the wiring earlier today everything looked fine and tight even the ground. Hopefully my problems are over once I put the new one in.
Old December 20th, 2012, 6:26 PM
CF Beginner

my impala is reading reduced power code is 2101 is this the throttle body or is it the gas pedal.had a gm tech tell me it was the gas pedal needed to be replaced a sensor is probably bad but u have to replace th whole unit. but reading on the web it talks about throttle body
Old December 20th, 2012, 6:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by rndpalmer
my impala is reading reduced power code is 2101 is this the throttle body or is it the gas pedal.had a gm tech tell me it was the gas pedal needed to be replaced a sensor is probably bad but u have to replace th whole unit. but reading on the web it talks about throttle body
Is your impala is a 06 also?
Old December 21st, 2012, 2:31 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rndpalmer
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <oocumentProperties> <o:Author>Joy Hotchkiss</o:Author> <o:Version>11.9999</o:Version> </oocumentProperties> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> rndpalmer,

The 2101 code sets when there are problems with the throttle position sensors within the throttle actuator at the throttle body. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis and repair option(s).

Please keep us posted. If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 28th, 2015, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

My name is k Navarre;and I have a 2006 Chevrolet Impala Ls, it's a 3.5 liter V6 and it runs really rough after the "reduced engine power" messege comes on the instrument pannle. We've changed the camshaft sensor, the throttle positioning sensor, and the throttle body itself, and the engine reacts with the same dissabilities as before these parts were changed. I need to know what the problem with this car is because my wife and I almost had a really bad accident because of the engine shutting off trying to cross an intersection. I don't understand why there isn't a recall... Please help us feeling stressed out

Last edited by Knavarre; June 28th, 2015 at 9:33 PM. Reason: Wife & I almost got into a bad accident because of this
Old July 3rd, 2015, 8:31 AM
cj1
CF Junior Member

Check recall on pedal position sensor
Old April 25th, 2018, 6:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default same province

[QUOTE=Knavarre;304465]My name is k Navarre;and I have a 2006 Chevrolet Impala Ls, it's a 3.5 liter V6 and it runs really rough after the "reduced engine power" messege comes on the instrument pannle. We've changed the camshaft sensor, the throttle positioning sensor, and the throttle body itself, and the engine reacts with the same dissabilities as before these parts were changed. I need to know what the problem with this car is because my wife and I almost had a really bad accident because of the engine shutting off trying to cross an intersection. I don't understand why there isn't a recall... Please help us feeling stressed out[/QUO Ever found a fix?