Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body
View Poll Results: My bad..! Not sure how to use this poll.
My bad..! Not sure how to use this poll.
0%
My bad..! Not sure how to use this poll.
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

2006 Impala... Pedal Position Sensor or TPS??

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2012, 11:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2006 Impala... Pedal Position Sensor or TPS??

I really need some help on this one... So I get "Traction Service Control" msg, then "power is reduced" msg comes next and now car shaking and coughing in limp mode. So I change Pedal Position Sensor(basically your gas pedal) easy to change! Still the same thing happens... But now car will quit and "Starter disabled Service Throttle" msg appears, What the duce!!! I did replace the throttle body about year ago, when I got this message. So I'm assuming the TPS is still the original one. I understand that TPS plugs into throttle body?? I did unplug battery overnight before plugging in new Pedal. I haven't checked the codes yet, but from what I've seen posted about this problem I thought it would be an easy fix... So if anyone can shed some light on this please do!!
Old January 28th, 2012, 12:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Where's the "neither" option? The TC requires pretty much everything on the vehicle to work right that has to do with powertrain and braking.