Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2007 Chevy Impala Dual climate control problem

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2012, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevy Impala Dual climate control problem

my 2007 impala blows heat out of the drivers side vent but cold air out of the passenger side vents. The ac button is on and i have the climate control in the cooling positions. I think it might be an actuator if so does any one know how to replace one? please help! Thanks!
Old February 16th, 2012, 7:55 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Roc225,

It could be caused by a bad controller or actuator. These are just suggestions, it is not a diagnosis. I encourage you to take the vehicle to be inspected by a certified technician. They will be able to offer additional information after a physical inspection.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 14th, 2012, 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 04 impala & have the same issue but opposite. I get NO heat from the drivers side whatsoever & have both heat & AC from the passenger side. I am taking it to the dealer for diagnosis but I encourage you to at least call the issue in with your VIN #, this is the only way GM tracks issues for recalls (dealer repairs & customer "complaints"). I am hesitant as everytime I take this car in I get a different diagnosis that prior....how do I know I'm not being bullsh*ted or being taken advantage of being that I am a woman??? I plan to do the repairs myself after getting what I believe to be the problem confirmed by the dealer.