Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Auto Dual Climate Control Issues - No Heat!

Old January 12th, 2010, 12:30 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Auto Dual Climate Control Issues - No Heat!

The winter months have hit, and my Tahoe doesnt seem to acting right.
It will be really cold outside, but the Tahoe will not attempt to turn on fans to heat the inside of my car, when set to Auto. Then if i turn the fan on max, i dont get much warm air. If i remember correctly, in the past, when set to Auto, the blower would be on at its max when i remote started the vehicle, now i get nothing...
When i turn it off Auto, and then back on...the lower leg fan indicator comes on for about a second, then turns off.
The air doesnt seem hot even after the truck has been running for 20 mins.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:23 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the Auxillary heat in the rear work? If it does, I'd look at the blower motor up front. My '07's went last winter about this time, with temps in the high teens, and in a blinding snowstorm. I drove 40 miles like that, and only remembered to try the Aux heat with about 5 miles to go. If it is the blower, they are expensive; several hundred dollars for the part.
Old January 14th, 2010, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

The manual states that if it's cold outside when set to auto the fan will not come on until the truck can produce warm air to blow out the vents. If you switch over to manual operation air should start to blow out. Even after driving are you still getting cold air?
Old March 8th, 2010, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

ltzboy, did you ever get this problem resolved? I am having the same issue. If you turn AUTO off, and PASS off, and peg the temp up to 90 degrees, will it blow hot? This is the only way I can seem to get mine to heat. If I set the AUTO and leave it at 90 it will still blow hot, but switches back and forth between the dash vents and defrost vents. Dropping the temp setting to 89 switches it back to cold air.

I am thinking it must either be a problem with the temp sensor on the front of the dash, or the system software. Has anybody had this same problem? Any resolutions, suggestions or further troubleshooting tips would be appreciated.

thanks!
Old March 13th, 2010, 8:06 PM
CF Active Member

im still fighting the problem, about to take it in for service (even though I lived with the issue all winter). I just dont feel like the air being produced is anywhere near warm enough...ughhhh