Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2007 Chevy Impala won't start sporadically. Worse in the cold weather.

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevy Impala won't start sporadically. Worse in the cold weather.

Got new battery & my daughter burned out the starter next, trying to start it 20 times in a row. Got a new starter. 1 week later went back to not cranking 1st time at start. Eventually, 2nd or 3rd time starts. Still want to fix it. Dealer can't figure out what's wrong with it. Any advice? Winter is here and I need a reliable car. Just don't know what to tell the dealer to try next? Was hoping they could figure it out but guess not.
Old December 16th, 2017, 5:27 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by kchevy2007impala
Got new battery & my daughter burned out the starter next, trying to start it 20 times in a row. Got a new starter. 1 week later went back to not cranking 1st time at start. Eventually, 2nd or 3rd time starts. Still want to fix it. Dealer can't figure out what's wrong with it. Any advice? Winter is here and I need a reliable car. Just don't know what to tell the dealer to try next? Was hoping they could figure it out but guess not.
I am not clear on cranking/not starting (in red)