Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2007 Impala 305 code but can't find problem

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2017, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V12TT
Is this the SS V8? #5 is the first cylinder on the driver side?
This is the SS V8. However it is a transvers mounted engine. Cylinder 5 is the third cylinder on the right side of the motor. Blow is how I was told the cylinders are in my car.

Firewall
2 4 6 8
1 3 5 7
Front bumper.
Old April 12th, 2017, 11:05 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I looked up the firing order/cylinder arrangement and the info you have is correct. At this point, I would replace all the plugs, wires and even the coil packs. Sometimes the coil packs can get a hairline crack and even the slightest moisture will make them act funny. By the way, how many miles are on this vehicle ? If near or over a 100K then these items are due anyhow. If the problem still persists, then the issue is defiantly elsewhere.
Old April 12th, 2017, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Impala-Blue-2.
I looked up the firing order/cylinder arrangement and the info you have is correct. At this point, I would replace all the plugs, wires and even the coil packs. Sometimes the coil packs can get a hairline crack and even the slightest moisture will make them act funny. By the way, how many miles are on this vehicle ? If near or over a 100K then these items are due anyhow. If the problem still persists, then the issue is defiantly elsewhere.
The car has 130k miles on it. I did replace the plugs not to long ago. I have new wires on order, although I don't think it is going to correct the problem since I have moved the wires and coil from this cylinder and the problem is still with cylinder 5.
Old April 12th, 2017, 11:47 AM
CF Active Member

How about another new plug on cylinder 5? You switched the wiring but not the plug right?
Old April 12th, 2017, 12:04 PM
CF Beginner

How about another new plug on cylinder 5? You switched the wiring but not the plug right?
No I moved the plug, wire, coil, and fuel injector for that cylinder.
Old April 12th, 2017, 12:42 PM
CF Active Member

Then I'm clueless. If #5 is at the end then it could be air or fuel but it's not. I would love to hear the outcome of this issue.
Old April 12th, 2017, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Then I'm clueless. If #5 is at the end then it could be air or fuel but it's not. I would love to hear the outcome of this issue.
Yeah I'm clueless too. There is nothing else left for me to try.
Old April 12th, 2017, 1:33 PM
CF Active Member

Hi. How's about the wiring harness before the coil and injectors? Spray some WD40 into the harness to see if there's a change in the behavior...
Old April 12th, 2017, 1:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

is the misfire constant or intermittent?

throwing this out there as i haven't read the previous posts; is cylinder 5 an afm cylinder?
Old April 12th, 2017, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
is the misfire constant or intermittent?

throwing this out there as i haven't read the previous posts; is cylinder 5 an afm cylinder?
According the to car it's always misfiring. Most of the time the car idles perfectly. It some times had a rough idle.

From what I can find it is not an afm cylinder. Those are 1, 4, 6, and 7.