Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2007 Impala 305 code but can't find problem

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2017, 2:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V12TT
Hi. How's about the wiring harness before the coil and injectors? Spray some WD40 into the harness to see if there's a change in the behavior...
WD40 is about the only thing I have not tried. At this point I'll try anything.
Old April 13th, 2017, 7:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by JASellers
According the to car it's always misfiring. Most of the time the car idles perfectly. It some times had a rough idle.

From what I can find it is not an afm cylinder. Those are 1, 4, 6, and 7.
has the crankshaft position sensor been changed and an crankshaft variation relearn not been done. this can set false misfire dtc...usually random po300.
Old April 13th, 2017, 8:26 AM
CF Active Member

tech2,
On the misfiring subject,
If you have certain cylinder misfiring in idle and also random misfiring in part (low) throttle then does that say anything about the cause?
Old April 14th, 2017, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
has the crankshaft position sensor been changed and an crankshaft variation relearn not been done. this can set false misfire dtc...usually random po300.
no the crank position sensor has not been replaced.
Old April 14th, 2017, 7:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by V12TT
tech2,
On the misfiring subject,
If you have certain cylinder misfiring in idle and also random misfiring in part (low) throttle then does that say anything about the cause?

not sure...
If you have a good scan tool you can monitor the misfire counters live. gm has the best misfire counters i have seen. So although the dtc shows a random misfire at times it not definite that something changed...the scan tool can show you whats going on live....to see if the accumulators count for another cylinder or stay on the same cylinder.
Old May 1st, 2017, 9:04 AM
CF Beginner

So I took my car to a shop. The wonderful roller lifters are the problem. There is also cam damage too. So I'm looking at a rebuild of the top end of the engine.