Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2008 Chevy Impala PPV troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2019, 9:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2008 Chevy Impala PPV troubleshooting

Hey guys i need some help in troubleshooting some problems with my impala. Today i got my impala back from the shop which replaced the lower engine mount and the transmission mount as well. I replaced those because the car made a clunking noise in the front end. The clunking seemed to have stopped but i drove it again today and it started to make it again. The clunking is not constant, but it comes and goes. It also makes the noise when i turn hard. Then i started to hear a grinding and clunking noise from the back end. Any idea as to what it could be? Recently i had the rotors and brakes replaced on all four corners, as well as the front outer tie rod ends. replaced the tie rod ends with moog, as i heard those are really good. Any help is appreciated, i am just trying to get my car fixed.
Old June 11th, 2019, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Does it only make the clunk when you are accelerating?
Old June 11th, 2019, 6:01 PM
CF Beginner

It does not matter if i accelerate or not, it still makes it. But it comes and goes away. Steering and braking feel fine though.
Old June 11th, 2019, 9:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

front end: check the control arm bushings, sway bar links
Old June 12th, 2019, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you i will do. As for the rear you think it might be a bad bearing?