Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2010 Chevy Impala LT with no bluetooth or xm?

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2010, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Chevy Impala LT with no bluetooth or xm?

Hi I just purchased a used 2010 Chevy Impala LT and after signing everything I found out that the car was a rental so the standard package was removed :-( I would like to use the hands free (bluetooth) and xm radio is there a way to enable these ???
Old December 15th, 2010, 9:26 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I would suggest speaking with your dealership about getting these activated. As far as my information shows the equipment for both of these features are not even installed in the vehicle if it is purchased as part of a fleet order (company vehicles and rental car companies or for general rental purposes). I hope this information helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old December 15th, 2010, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you Jeff,

I will talk to the dealership where I purchased the car. Hopefully they will be able to install these at no additional cost. Thanks again.
Old December 16th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Official GM Rep

Not a problem mediced. Hopefully you can get these features in your vehicle. Another thing you may want to look for would be to check and see if you've got OnStar. That is another feature not often found on rental vehicles that we make. I hope you get the help you need and are able to update us with your findings.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 31st, 2013, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

My 2010 Chevy Impala, that I just bought has XM radio & states it has Bluetooth, but now I'm being told it doesn't. Is this correct?
My car has OnStar & XM radio. It also has the call button on the steering wheel. I've done some research & found that the Bluetooth may have been deleted. I need this reactivated. How do I get this reactivated?

Last edited by Michelle Robin; August 31st, 2013 at 8:13 PM.
Old September 1st, 2013, 4:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Michelle Robin
My 2010 Chevy Impala, that I just bought has XM radio & states it has Bluetooth, but now I'm being told it doesn't. Is this correct?
My car has OnStar & XM radio. It also has the call button on the steering wheel. I've done some research & found that the Bluetooth may have been deleted. I need this reactivated. How do I get this reactivated?
Hello Michelle Robin,

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:TargetScreenSize>800x600</o:TargetScreenSize> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->From the 2009 model year forward, Bluetooth became a standard or available option in all GM vehicles. If the vehicle is equipped, we would be able to tell from your build sheet. Could you private message us your VIN so we may do some additional research? Any further concerns would be best addressed at your local dealer.

We look forward to your message,

William R. (assisting Erica & Amber)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 21st, 2013, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Michelle Robin
Michelle,

I too assumed that my 2010 Impala (purchased in 2012) would have Bluetooth, but it did not.

A company called CoStar Tecnologies makes a Bluetooth box that you use through the OnStar audio and mics already installed in the vehicle. It's $279 and it simply velcros onto the OnStar box located (on the 2010 Impala) in the trunk above the left rear tire well. It took literally two minutes to install and no tools. Now, you lose OnStar with this set up but I have never used the service but the audio quality setup with it is second to none.

costartech.com - Products
Old September 29th, 2013, 1:10 PM
CF Beginner

I apoligize for hijacking the thread but, this seems to be a common issue. I have the phone button on my steering wheel and the salesman said I should have blue tooth. Nothing happens when I try to pair my phone. This is a 2011 Impala LT. I looked in the trunk around the wheels and there is nothing. Any hints?
Old May 31st, 2020, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Rental car

Originally Posted by mediced
Hi I just purchased a used 2010 Chevy Impala LT and after signing everything I found out that the car was a rental so the standard package was removed :-( I would like to use the hands free (bluetooth) and xm radio is there a way to enable these ???
I have the same car you do but no ONSTAR. My information is that they came formatted with steering wheel controls but the module for Bluetooth is missing. I am trying to find if it is that simple to fix, just adding a module. Seems like someone should know.
Old May 31st, 2020, 2:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello Michelle Robin,

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:TargetScreenSize>800x600</o:TargetScreenSize> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->From the 2009 model year forward, Bluetooth became a standard or available option in all GM vehicles. If the vehicle is equipped, we would be able to tell from your build sheet. Could you private message us your VIN so we may do some additional research? Any further concerns would be best addressed at your local dealer.

We look forward to your message,

William R. (assisting Erica & Amber)
Chevrolet Customer Care
You work for GM and you didn't know the rentals did not come with the module? Well now you do. Can you find out where to get a module and if it's that simple of a fix? I would really like to use the Bluetooth.

Quick Reply: 2010 Chevy Impala LT with no bluetooth or xm?