Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2010 Impala LTZ XM Module location

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2010, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Impala LTZ XM Module location

I recently purchased a 2010 Impala LTZ. It's great and the only thing 'missing' is an iPod connection. There are many I can add in and they all attach to the XM Radio module.

On a Silverado the XM Radio module is located just behind the glove box and is easy to get to. Where is it in my Impala? Specifically, how do I get to it? Once I find that the rest is relatively easy to do.

So, does anyone know where the external XM Radio module is located in an 2010 Impala LTZ (I assume it's in the same place as the 2009 or even earlier)

Thank you very much
Old September 28th, 2010, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the answers to my question and wanted to post them here in case someone else needs to know. This is for a 2010 Impala LTZ.

1 - The XM Module is located in the trunk, behind the carpet, on the passenger's side. If the iPod connection box only connects to the XM Module AND you are going to put an old iPod semi-permenently in the car then you can put everything in the back.

2 - The module I purchased needed to hook up to the radio AND the XM module. So I had to do something different. To connect the iSimple Gateway directly to the radio I had to first remove the radio. It turned out to be easier than I imagined.

I just used my fingers to gently pry off the trim that surrounds the radio and climate control. Push inward and lift up... or use a trim pry tool. Once that is off remove all six screws that hold the radio and climate control module. Place a towel over the shifter to protect it, then pull out both modules. Though they are separate modules the climate control has a tab that goes over the top of the radio module so you have to remove them both. Now you have easy access to the back of the radio and the two plugs the iSimple Gateway uses. Follow the instructions to instal. Put the modules and your iPod wherever you want, you have many options from here on out.