Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2010 Impala radio and shifter issues

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2013, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Impala radio and shifter issues

I have a 2010 Impala and I've had some recurring issues with it. One: there is some wiring underneath the shifter that apparently is prone to coming loose. This causes the button on the shifter to not push in, therefore you cannot shift the car. I've had this fixed three times. I do not park on uneven surfaces. Ever. Two: I use the "Aux" button on my radio to switch between the CD function and my iPod. Recently when listening to the radio, it will automatically switch itself to the "Aux" function, but not play either the CD or my iPod. On the mile and a half trip home from town today, it switched itself 7 times. So I tried to play my iPod and it wouldn't work. It would play the CD that was in there, but would not switch to the iPod function.

Does anyone else have these issues? Manufacturing defects? The car is not very old and I take good care of it so it is disappointing to have this stuff happening. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.