Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2010 Impala Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2015, 2:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Impala Wont Start

2010 Impala wont start after never having any mechanical issues.I replaced the battery-no luck.Checked all the fuses.Then replaced the starter.It now makes a clacking sound when trying to start.But never starts.

I had it towed to a mechanic who said it looks like the motor is locked and needs to be replaced because the flywheel isn't turning.However the car is full of oil.
Any suggestions on what this could be.BTW I damaged the oil sensor while replacing the starter.Don't know if this will cause it not to start.
Old August 27th, 2015, 11:04 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When you say not starting is it turning over and not firing or just not turning over?

I ran across a 2002 Impala that didn't turn over, no solenoid click. It had a bad crank relay on the right-front fuse center attached to the strut. Replacing the relay fixed it right up.

Of course, your motor could be locked up as well. If your anti-freeze at the proper level? Could be hydro-locked if you have a cylinder full of liquid.

Last edited by Frank3; August 27th, 2015 at 11:08 AM.