Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2011 Impala battery drain

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2022, 4:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Impala battery drain

A problem I am having is that something is draining the battery of my Impala. I don’t have any accessories plugged in and everything was fine with the vehicle before this issue happened. There was no sign of anything leading up to the problem. The battery is just dead when I come out to start the car in the morning. It doesn’t have to sit long for the drain to occur less than a day. I tend to use the vehicle everyday or every other day. I even replaced the battery and it drained a new one. Triple A was able to jump it and then later it will be dead again. Until I have more money for a permanent fix I’m just going to disconnect the negative terminal when I park my car. It would be nice to know what is causing the drain.

Last edited by michael_impala; June 7th, 2022 at 4:49 PM.
Old June 7th, 2022, 9:12 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by michael_impala
A problem I am having is that something is draining the battery of my Impala. I don’t have any accessories plugged in and everything was fine with the vehicle before this issue happened. There was no sign of anything leading up to the problem. The battery is just dead when I come out to start the car in the morning. It doesn’t have to sit long for the drain to occur less than a day. I tend to use the vehicle everyday or every other day. I even replaced the battery and it drained a new one. Triple A was able to jump it and then later it will be dead again. Until I have more money for a permanent fix I’m just going to disconnect the negative terminal when I park my car. It would be nice to know what is causing the drain.
These kinds of things can be hard to find. My 1998 Chevy K-1500 had a drain, but it didn't drain the battery that fast. It was the engine bay hood lamp staying on. Until you can find this, they make a simple switch that attaches to the battery, so you will not have to remove the battery cable every time you wish to drive your Chevy Impala. Works as an anti-vehicle theft device too.