Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2012 IMPALA LTZ / hard shifts / Hesitation in shifts

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2024, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 IMPALA LTZ / hard shifts / Hesitation in shifts

Hello All,

I dont really have any codes on my code reader, except to show it has missed shifts (I assume) p0700 and u0101 (But only after it misses the shift) The ABS Sensor on the front passenger side the wire is completely gone and looks ripped out of where it went into the wheel hub, so I do have the ABS/Traction Control/Stabilitrak Light. Would this possibly cause the shifting issue? Cause If the trans MAY be going bad (150k Miles) I dont want to replace the ABS sensor cause I may just part ways with it to not have to replace the transmission.. its my 2nd car and was my daily driver for awhile..

There is a small leak at the fitting for the transmission cooler line, but I do make sure there is always enough trans fluid, just has not gotten bad enough for me to find a place I can get under it and replace the fitting. It has run low once, but Like i said I do not drive this car often at all and usually short trips, so it doesnt ever leak alot from the fitting.

Although Yesterday I did drive it about 40 miles and got the "Trans Hot Idle Engine" message, I pulled over checked trans fluid, it was a tad low, added fluid and no issues except the odd shifting, so I limped it home and it sits.