Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2013 Impala transmission fluid change

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

I will speak to our trans rebuilder to verify for this trans. I believe there are multiple fluid feeds at the pressure regulator. One feeds the tc and cooler lines and another for lubrication and control devices.

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure if you disconnect the upper hose, fluid will flow out the hose not the rad. I pulled the hose of an acadia and that's how it flowed. That is how the trans flow diagram shows it also.
Old August 10th, 2014, 11:13 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
I will speak to our trans rebuilder to verify for this trans. I believe there are multiple fluid feeds at the pressure regulator. One feeds the tc and cooler lines and another for lubrication and control devices.

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure if you disconnect the upper hose, fluid will flow out the hose not the rad. I pulled the hose of an acadia and that's how it flowed. That is how the trans flow diagram shows it also.

I disconnected the lower hose and got fluid from the trans that's how I know 100% the upper is the return (same as my suburban)

Just concerned if I disconnect the upper and let it drain into a pail if something will be starved of oil because no oil going back to the transmission

Thanks
Old August 11th, 2014, 7:51 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

My 2 cents is to use the drain plug to get what you can, replace what was drained, drive it and repeat the process...its the safest and probably the easiest..
Old August 11th, 2014, 7:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

I spoke the trans rebuilder. the flow is in the direction you have said. What he said you could do is put the upper hose in clean fluid and the trans will draw it in while the disconnected lower hose can direct the old fluid out.