Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 electric power steering recall

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2014, 6:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank3
Eyel1liner, half a day wasted? My wife brought our 2014 impala for the exact same service at our local/selling dealer. She was in and out in about 40 minutes. I am extremely impressed how well this dealer operates.
She gets off work at noon on Fridays and that is the only time she can take it in. When I was in the country and taking it in for warranty repairs and oil changes back in March, Fridays were absolutely ridiculous there because of course everyone else in town can only make it in on a Friday as well. I was there with my daughter for probably 5 hours one of the days for an oil change and tire rotation. Luckily when I took it in to get the gaskets replaced for the trunk leak, they had a driver take my daughter and I to our home and then pick us up at the end of the day.
Old August 5th, 2014, 7:42 AM
CF Junior Member

i can confirm my free oil change rotation and power steering recall took 1 hour.
Old August 25th, 2014, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

Had mine done at the same time I brought my 14 LTZ in to have the rear tail light gasket recall done.

It may be in my head, but after having it done, I can steer using my pinkie now. It's like moving a knife through warm butter. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
Old August 25th, 2014, 8:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VacTacks11
Had mine done at the same time I brought my 14 LTZ in to have the rear tail light gasket recall done.

It may be in my head, but after having it done, I can steer using my pinkie now. It's like moving a knife through warm butter. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
Interesting. Mine has always felt like that.

I just got my notice today.
Old August 31st, 2014, 4:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default Free oil change

Speaking of the free oil change. My 2014 is due an oil change. Question is, does my Impala qualify for the 2 year free maintenance? I bought a certified used car with only 2000 miles on it. Does the free maintenance only apply if the car is bought new?

I also got the recall notice and was planning to have it done at the same time as the oil change.

Thank.
Old September 2nd, 2014, 8:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I popped my hood tonight and wiped down the inside plastic covers and hood and rails.

I looked at my strut towers and saw all the paint on every bolt sticking through Nice.

The driver tower has the ground. The left does not.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 electric power steering recall-right_tower.jpg   2014 electric power steering recall-left_tower.jpg