Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala 2LZ - No Sound

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2016, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 14 ltz radio

Originally Posted by Espy
Same thing happens to me. I shut it down and the next morning it works. How long will this last until the sound is gone for good? The fuse extraction temporary solution was interesting. I can't take it in for service when it is off and on again.
Anyone else have a problem with reception? One day my radio was working fine and the next day I can't get any stations or HD stations. They are telling my the rear windshield tint is causing the problem?
The following users liked this post:
Donald West (October 10th, 2020)
Old April 7th, 2017, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Want to Scream THANK YOU!! My car did the exact same thing so I googled No sound from dashboard 2014 Impala and your thread came up. So I did exactly what you suggested with tears in my eyes mind you, CAUSE all I thought about was how much us this going to cost me!!! But anywho it worked!!!!! So thanks again for this info. YOU SAVED THE DAY AND MY BANK ACCOUNT!!!😚😘
Old June 28th, 2017, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

[QUOTE=philf6;284481]My 2014 Impala 2LZ (with the Bose audio system) exhibited weird behaviour yesterday. Absolutely NO sound - no door chimes, indicator "ticks", backup warning sounds, radio, or Onstar. NOTHING. The radio looked like it was playing, and you could crank the volume and watch the slider move - suggesting that things should be getting louder. But nothing.

After coming to the stunning realization that everything you hear inside the car is handled by a singular audio system, I reasoned that the power amplifier was likely to blame. Before doing anything else, I thought I'd check to see if this was simply a case of a blown fuse (there *is* a discrete fuse in the engine bay fusebox, fuse #35, that reads "Amplifier"). I pulled it, and the fuse was good.

But here's the thing - simply removing that fuse, taking as long as it took to double-check it's integrity, and then re-inserting it... fixed the problem. I'm not sure how the various components of the system communicate with each other, but taking away power for 30 seconds or so seemed to "reboot" something, and all is fine now.

I went Googling for other folks reporting this problem, and found plenty of references to the wiring to the amp on older models, but didn't readily find anyone posting about 2014's. Thought I'd share this - just to see if anyone else has experienced this, and to contribute something useful in the event that this is a common problem.

Ive been dealing with the same issue and have checked ALL fuses and the issue has not been fixed. I was told by the dealership it would cost me $130 just to diagnose the issue when I feel like it's part of a noise cancellation system. They have microphones in the door panels.
Old June 29th, 2017, 9:46 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the exact same thing happen to my 2LTZ. I was driving along for an appointment using the built-in GPS. As I was being directed to take a turn, a call came in on Onstar. As I touched the center console to ignore the call, the system went silent. No sound at all, from the radio, GPS, Onstar or other sounds like when making turns. Since I had a schedule to meet, I couldn't stop to dig into it more, but at one long traffic light, I was able to put it in park, and shut it off completely. I waited until I could see a yellow light for traffic in the opposite direction, then I restarted the car. Still no sound. I was able to get sound if I am not mistaken from and SD card that I had loaded in the center console but I could not control what song was being played. As I went along for about 10 mile, I was turning onto the interstate, then all of a sudden everything came back, radio, Onstar, GPS and blinker sounds. I never had to pull any fuses, it just started to work again. I hate problems like this because it means they will probably be back again.
Old June 29th, 2017, 10:34 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Frank3
I had the exact same thing happen to my 2LTZ. I was driving along for an appointment using the built-in GPS. As I was being directed to take a turn, a call came in on Onstar. As I touched the center console to ignore the call, the system went silent. No sound at all, from the radio, GPS, Onstar or other sounds like when making turns. Since I had a schedule to meet, I couldn't stop to dig into it more, but at one long traffic light, I was able to put it in park, and shut it off completely. I waited until I could see a yellow light for traffic in the opposite direction, then I restarted the car. Still no sound. I was able to get sound if I am not mistaken from and SD card that I had loaded in the center console but I could not control what song was being played. As I went along for about 10 mile, I was turning onto the interstate, then all of a sudden everything came back, radio, Onstar, GPS and blinker sounds. I never had to pull any fuses, it just started to work again. I hate problems like this because it means they will probably be back again.
yeah I'm not exactly sure what the issue is. I haven't had any sound in over a week now. Luckly I know people who have access to tools like Chevy dealership mechanics do, so when I find time I'll have them diagnose the problem for me, FOR FREE instead of paying $130. I noticed banging the center of the rear door panels the *bang* is amplified through my sub woofers. EVERYTHING in the car is stock other than my subs and amp connected to the subs. (Which I've had installed for over 2 or 3 months)
Old December 13th, 2017, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

Any luck? My 2014 doing the same thing no sound
Old December 14th, 2017, 3:36 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Knock on wood, mine is still functioning, with no additional hiccups. Thing I hate about these "it goes away by itself" problems, is that is it bound to come back at a later time.
Old July 8th, 2018, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by philf6
My 2014 Impala 2LZ (with the Bose audio system) exhibited weird behaviour yesterday. Absolutely NO sound - no door chimes, indicator "ticks", backup warning sounds, radio, or Onstar. NOTHING. The radio looked like it was playing, and you could crank the volume and watch the slider move - suggesting that things should be getting louder. But nothing.

After coming to the stunning realization that everything you hear inside the car is handled by a singular audio system, I reasoned that the power amplifier was likely to blame. Before doing anything else, I thought I'd check to see if this was simply a case of a blown fuse (there *is* a discrete fuse in the engine bay fusebox, fuse #35, that reads "Amplifier"). I pulled it, and the fuse was good.

But here's the thing - simply removing that fuse, taking as long as it took to double-check it's integrity, and then re-inserting it... fixed the problem. I'm not sure how the various components of the system communicate with each other, but taking away power for 30 seconds or so seemed to "reboot" something, and all is fine now.

I went Googling for other folks reporting this problem, and found plenty of references to the wiring to the amp on older models, but didn't readily find anyone posting about 2014's. Thought I'd share this - just to see if anyone else has experienced this, and to contribute something useful in the event that this is a common problem, and someone else goes Googling.

Will update if this recurs (and will be taking it in to the dealer to ask "WTF?").
This worked the exact same way for me. Thank you for posting this for me to find.
Old October 19th, 2018, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Impala LTZ

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello Edgar,

We truly apologize for the unexpected concerns with your Impala. If you decide to bring this to the dealership's attention, we would be happy to assist. We can definitely get in touch with them, and send your information their way. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Looking forward to your response.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

2015 impala ltz with the same issue. 60,000 miles and no warranty. Water constantly in the trunk and now no sound from anything. Removed fuse and nothing. Removed battery terminal and nothing. Checked harness for fusible link or corroded connection and nothing. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?? Please help
Old December 4th, 2018, 6:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello

I have a 2014 imapala 2ltz and had the same problem today but also seconds after my check engine light was blinking and I had no sound what so ever. Pulled over turned car off and checked everything. Then turned car on and everything was fine. Not sure what was wrong.

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala 2LZ - No Sound