Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2013, 2:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Impala

I bought a 2014 Impala LTZ 6/20/2013 and the salesperson paired my cell phone (not a smart phone) and all worked great, On 8/06/2013 I went to the dealership and had the oil changed, since that day the cell phone and MyLink will not operated correctly, sometimes it works fine but most of the time it will not bring up my contacts list and sometime it says no phone. I called gmtotalconnect.com and they told me the phone is not compatible with MyLink, why it worked for a month and a half they could not explain. Does anyone have any insight on how to get the phone to work with MyLink? the phone is a LG 800g. Thanks for any help. Does anyone have any ideas????????

Last edited by tsmith777; August 17th, 2013 at 5:04 PM.
Old August 18th, 2013, 10:57 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tsmith777
I bought a 2014 Impala LTZ 6/20/2013 and the salesperson paired my cell phone (not a smart phone) and all worked great, On 8/06/2013 I went to the dealership and had the oil changed, since that day the cell phone and MyLink will not operated correctly, sometimes it works fine but most of the time it will not bring up my contacts list and sometime it says no phone. I called gmtotalconnect.com and they told me the phone is not compatible with MyLink, why it worked for a month and a half they could not explain. Does anyone have any insight on how to get the phone to work with MyLink? the phone is a LG 800g. Thanks for any help. Does anyone have any ideas????????
I say if your wanna mylink to work again get a updated iPhone or Galaxy. Bluetooth will work with any bluetooth capable phone. And the dealer most likely pair your phone to Bluetooth. Mylink uses updated smart phones.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 Impala

My LG 800G (TracPhone) has worked fine for the past 6 days. I don't see why Chevrolet MyLink and tracphone says the phone is not compatiable with MyLink. In Electronics, generally they either work or don't work there is no in-between. I do not understand why it did not work after the oil change, I don't see how that should affect the phone. I would like to see GM do some research on this problem. I spent way too much money on this car to not have ALL functions work correctly