Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala LT Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2013, 6:39 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Impala LT Exhaust

Hey guys, I just recently financed the 2014 Impala LT. I bartend during the weekends just to make my car payments. My lack of sleep makes up for the fact that I'm currently driving my dream car. I live in Yellowknife NT and I am the ONLY, I repeat - ONLY person in this city with the new Impala. I get so many looks and so many elderly people asking me if they can take a look at it. I hear a lot of "Back in my day...", so it's really cool to see the smiles on their faces when they sit inside and talk about the older Impalas or even when they just see me drive by.

I got the car off the lot and couldn't really afford the LTZ trim. So I'm hoping to get some people's opinion on sprucing up the look of the hidden-downturned exhaust tips. Does anyone here have an opinion as to whether or not chrome exhaust tips would look decent on the rear end ? If so, what kind? Opposed to the stock pipes kind of peaking out. From the front of the car, as well as the side, the car looks so aggressive. I love it. Just looking to give the rear end a little bit more of that aggressive look.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! I wish there were a few more Impalas up here, but I guess I've got to represent for us Impala owners alone!
Old January 11th, 2014, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

I get the same kind of looks with my 2014 2LT. Last week I saw a cute old couple pull up beside me at a light in their Camry and the lady in the passenger side looked my Impala over read good. Then I could read her lips as she said to her husband...."It's an Impala!".
I agree with your thoughts on the exhaust pipes. First car I've ever had with dual exhaust and the tail pipes are about 80% hidden! The pipes on the LTZ are really sharp and I'd love to add some chrome rectangular tips to my 2LT, but 1) I haven't been able to find any that are angled correctly so that they would be parallel with the ground once installed and 2) I'm not sure how good they would look sticking out below the bumper as opposed to being inset into the bumper like the LTZ?

So I'm looking for the same kind of answer that you are. I'm thinking someone out there has done this already?
Old January 11th, 2014, 3:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would anything from here work?

2014 Chevy Impala Exhaust Tips at CARiD.com
Old January 11th, 2014, 10:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Would anything from here work?

2014 Chevy Impala Exhaust Tips at CARiD.com
Thanks for the link. I was looking at aftermarket parts right after I bought my car but stopped looking since there wasn't too much out there available yet. About the only thing I want to do is maybe add a wind deflector for the sunroof. The mesh screen that pops up does nothing to quiet the noise of the wind at all. But then again, I don't anticipate rolling around at highway speed with the sunroof open too often, so if it would ruin the aesthetics at all I don't want one. When I get back home I think I may take some pics of my car and photoshop some deflectors onto the top to see how it would look and then proceed from there.

I might want to look into replacing the rearview backup cam too, since it is a low-quality camera. Get something that provides a bit more clear of an image on the display.
Old January 11th, 2014, 11:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EYEL1NER

I might want to look into replacing the rearview backup cam too, since it is a low-quality camera. Get something that provides a bit more clear of an image on the display.
I'd be game for that..
Old March 5th, 2014, 3:03 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Smile

Bump!

Still hoping to gain some input. Posted this a little while back, so maybe there have been more 2014 impala owners joining the site since then.
Old July 29th, 2014, 11:15 PM
CF Beginner

I too have the 2LT and am trying to decide if I should cut a hole in the bumper to pass the tips through or follow the turndown and run the tips under the bumper! I'm contemplating replacing the mufflers with aftermarket ones and hopefully the outlet will sit slightly lower!
Old December 1st, 2014, 3:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default Proposed solution to the Impala exhaust tip question

I recently bought a 2014 Impala 2LT with the sport package and wanted to have a sportier look from the rear. I purchased two stainless steel exhaust tips @ $25 each, and had a custom exhaust shop install them in place of the turndown factory exhaust. They sit angled down from the factory muffler in the existing bumper cutouts, and gave the car a sporty factory look from the rear all for under $100 including labor.
Old December 1st, 2014, 3:56 PM
CF Beginner

Default Solution recently posted

Originally Posted by NorthernImpala2LT
Bump!

Still hoping to gain some input. Posted this a little while back, so maybe there have been more 2014 impala owners joining the site since then.
Northern Impala 2LT: Just posted a solution that may work for you. No replacement of muffler or cutting of bumper necessary. Hope it helps.
Old December 1st, 2014, 4:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
I too have the 2LT and am trying to decide if I should cut a hole in the bumper to pass the tips through or follow the turndown and run the tips under the bumper! I'm contemplating replacing the mufflers with aftermarket ones and hopefully the outlet will sit slightly lower!
Psycho Joe: Installing polished stainless steel exhaust tips in place of the factory turndown tips worked for me. No need to replace the mufflers or cut holes in the bumper. They are angled down 30-40 degrees off the muffler through the existing bumper cutouts and gave the car a more aggressive, yet clean non-modified factory look.

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala LT Exhaust