Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala questions

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2015, 9:45 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by los.01
Got a used 14 impala a month ago and a week into driving it I noticed this message but I cant find much a out it online...anyone have any insight?
Hi there,

Were you able to bring this to the dealership's attention? They would be in the best position to look into this further, and provide a resolution. However, we would be more than happy to get in touch with them on your behalf. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Looking forward to your updates.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 25th, 2015, 2:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received this same message when my car was less than 6 months old. I stopped by the dealer and they told me they had never heard of that message and to bring it back if it happened again. I have never seen the message since. I wonder if the message also throws a code a dealer technician could find and interpret exactly what is going on? I'd be interested in knowing what they find, if anything. Good luck!
Old July 26th, 2015, 1:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default Service front camera message

Originally Posted by los.01
Got a used 14 impala a month ago and a week into driving it I noticed this message but I cant find much a out it online...anyone have any insight?
I also had this message come up on my '14 LT once, didn't even know my car has a front camera. It hasn't come up again, and I haven't noticed anything malfunctioning that might be related.
Old July 26th, 2015, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Saturnmco77
My trunk keeps opening itself....The parking break continues to set itself and the radio just goes black on its own!.... I don't feel safe driving a car that the emergency brake sets itself as I'm driving!
I have never had the trunk opening problem you and others have; sorry for you about that! The other problems I have had, though the Emergency brake never set itself while driving, but I have found it set when getting in and I know I didn't set it. The dealer (I am dealing with) seems to have fixed or hugely improved these things with some software updates they had, so insist on those updates.
Old July 26th, 2015, 3:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ckharrry
I have never had the trunk opening problem you and others have; sorry for you about that! The other problems I have had, though the Emergency brake never set itself while driving, but I have found it set when getting in and I know I didn't set it. The dealer (I am dealing with) seems to have fixed or hugely improved these things with some software updates they had, so insist on those updates.
The manual states that the parking brake will set it self on occasion even if you don't (to make sure everything keeps moving properly I guess).
Old July 30th, 2015, 7:46 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Sledge, this is exactly what I needed. While the dealer was in contact with Chevrolet, they were all heading towards an answer that was there was not what I was after.
Old September 9th, 2015, 1:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Has anyone thought of pressing them with the statement that apparently none of the 2015 Impalas have any of the aforementioned problems??

It would be interesting to hear GM's response to that.

Gosh, well let's see,,, hmm the 2015 is identical to the 2014, apparently in every respect, but yet these 2014 problems just magically disappeared with the 2015's?? Wouldn't you think someone in engineering could review the changes that they obviously made for the 2015 models??

This whole issue is just too crazy to believe!!
Old September 14th, 2015, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

There's multiple recalls including the parking break, chevrolet won't always notify you, but the dealer can tell you if you give them your Vin #.

I had three recall issues fixed on my 2014 2LT by the dealer and it wasn't disclosed. GM will disclose it, but you have to put the dealers service departments feet to the fire to get info.