Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala questions

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2015, 5:58 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No issues with mine. The one thing I do notice is the sunroof must be closed for others to hear you clearly. The mic is up top so an open sunroof causes too much whoosh.

One disappointment is that on my last car (a $22K MSRP 2013 Malibu LS), the climate fan would silence automatically when making a call. On my current ($39K MSRP Impala 2LTZ) it does no such thing. Strange.

Also, on the cheaper Malibu, the Bluetooth was able to read my text messages (and take dictation for text replies). The current car only does that on a Windows Phone, NOT Android Note 4. I'm still not 100% sure its MyLink's fault (might be Android).
Old March 9th, 2015, 11:25 AM
CF Beginner

I bought my 2014 2LTZ in October, loving it so far (3rd one). I had the trunk release issue happen to me during a rain storm about a month ago. Thanks for the info on the delay, I will get this checked out asap.
Old March 18th, 2015, 7:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default trunk opening

My 2014 Impala LTZ trunk opens from my key fob if I am not VERY careful
Old March 18th, 2015, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default new thead dash lights off

My dash lights go off and on by themselves. Mostly off. I am taking it back to the dealer ASAP. 2014 LTZ White Diamond Coat with Moca Interior.
Old March 18th, 2015, 7:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default dash lights off

I rolled the brightness wheel all the way up. Dash lights are working now. I'll get back to you all if it solves my problem or not.
Old March 18th, 2015, 8:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by warfasts14
My 2014 Impala LTZ trunk opens from my key fob if I am not VERY careful
You might need the reprogramming fix.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/imp...e5/#post281257
Old March 19th, 2015, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

Default DIC Has A Mind of Its Own

I have a 2014 LTZ that continues to change the settings in the DIC at will. I have had this problem since the car was new. The dealer replaced the radio in 2014. Since the radio was replaced in December 2014 by my dealer, the setting changes from the info pages to audio after the car has been shut off. It also reverts to factory settings deleting any personal settings I had selected such as Trip B, battery voltage, etc. I reset back to my personal preferences and it works fine for a brief period. It has occurred five times since the radio was replaced. My dealer is not sure what to do next. Has anyone experienced this problem? I really enjoy the car, but the resetting of preferences in the DIC is a bit of a nuisance.
Old March 19th, 2015, 9:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by damockstadad
I have a 2014 LTZ that continues to change the settings in the DIC at will. I have had this problem since the car was new. The dealer replaced the radio in 2014. Since the radio was replaced in December 2014 by my dealer, the setting changes from the info pages to audio after the car has been shut off. It also reverts to factory settings deleting any personal settings I had selected such as Trip B, battery voltage, etc. I reset back to my personal preferences and it works fine for a brief period. It has occurred five times since the radio was replaced. My dealer is not sure what to do next. Has anyone experienced this problem? I really enjoy the car, but the resetting of preferences in the DIC is a bit of a nuisance.
In this same thread someone had the same issue - wait that's you.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/imp...e5/#post284174

LuckyD said a bulletin fixed his

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/imp...e6/#post284180

This guy can't even select it:

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/imp...-trip-b-71343/
Old March 21st, 2015, 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

Warfasts14 - after rolling the dash brightness dial all the way up, did you not notice that the dash lights were then much brighter than you preferred when it was TRULY nighttime? And didn't you then adjust back down?
Old March 22nd, 2015, 5:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default dash lights off

Dash lights are staying on so far. I have not been driving long enough at night for the brightness to bother me.

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala questions