Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala questions

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2013, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vakmere
Anyone have issues with the rear camera not having a good video quality? Are there better cameras one can replace it with?
I agree, it's pretty lousy quality video. But for the few moments it's active it really does show you what's behind the car. The thing the engineers should have done was run the 8" video screen at FULL BRIGHTNESS when the camera is active. When I am in my garage the car thinks it's night so it turns the headlights on and turns the instrument panel lighting to "night level". Unfortunately, then I back out of the garage into bright sunlight and the video screen (with the backup camera image on it) is so dim you can hardly see it making it pretty worthless.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
CF Beginner

It seems that the way the camera is mounted on the trunk, when it rains water will pool on the camera and road dirt will cover the lens. I just go back to the camera and clean it off. I have tot clean mine every time it rains. Its probably a poor position for the camera, but in Chevy's defense, where else could they put it and a camera lens must be kept clean to work.

Just clean the camera with a tissue and some water or lens cleaner.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem with the camera and the headlights. Not only do my lights turn on in a garage with a lot of illumination, but my headlights will turn on if I am riding under tree shade on a bright and sunny day. I think it would be great if the camera and dash brightness worked in conjunction with sun rise and sun set. If my outdoor lights on my house can do this based on my home gps location then so can this cars technology. That way if the lights come on in the rain I don't have to adjust my dash brightness to see the My Link, but the dash will be set at my desired setting at night. Easy fix with programming.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 6:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default Camera

Originally Posted by whuyckjr
It seems that the way the camera is mounted on the trunk, when it rains water will pool on the camera and road dirt will cover the lens. I just go back to the camera and clean it off. I have tot clean mine every time it rains. Its probably a poor position for the camera, but in Chevy's defense, where else could they put it and a camera lens must be kept clean to work.

Just clean the camera with a tissue and some water or lens cleaner.
Makes perfect sense.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by whuyckjr
Not only do my lights turn on in a garage with a lot of illumination, but my headlights will turn on if I am riding under tree shade on a bright and sunny day.
This is what my '06 used to do. I'd be driving around in the early morning and the sun would be up but my headlights (not daytime running lights) would be on. What made it even worse, the dash and radio display were on "night". Even with the control at max they still were hard to see and not nearly as bright as they would get if the car thought it was "daytime".

I complained and complained to the dealer about this but they told me there was no adjustment and it was factory pre-set. I always thought that was BS because I'd see other Impalas driving around with their daytime running lamps on while mine still had its headlights on.

I was very pleased to find out that my new '14 Impala isn't like this. As soon as I pull out of my garage, the headlights go off. The photocell is set just about at the point where I would manually reach for the headlight switch to turn them on or off.

What year is your Impala? I have a suspicion that something is wrong with your photocell if the headlights come on just by driving under a tree!!
Old November 4th, 2013, 5:22 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ThomasM
This is what my '06 used to do. I'd be driving around in the early morning and the sun would be up but my headlights (not daytime running lights) would be on. What made it even worse, the dash and radio display were on "night". Even with the control at max they still were hard to see and not nearly as bright as they would get if the car thought it was "daytime".

I complained and complained to the dealer about this but they told me there was no adjustment and it was factory pre-set. I always thought that was BS because I'd see other Impalas driving around with their daytime running lamps on while mine still had its headlights on.

I was very pleased to find out that my new '14 Impala isn't like this. As soon as I pull out of my garage, the headlights go off. The photocell is set just about at the point where I would manually reach for the headlight switch to turn them on or off.

What year is your Impala? I have a suspicion that something is wrong with your photocell if the headlights come on just by driving under a tree!!
My Impala is a 2014 2LT. I will ask the dealer to check the light sensor the next time I take it in for service. Thanks for the tip.
Old November 5th, 2013, 7:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default Trip B Odometer

I have a 2014 Impala 2LTZ that I purchased about a month ago. I've read the manual and the manual states their is a Trip A odometer and a Trip B odometer. I have found the Trip A odometer but have not been able to determine how to activate the Trip B odometer. Is there something I am simply overlooking or must I make a trip back to Mr. Goodwrench? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old November 5th, 2013, 9:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi damockstadad,

Congratulations on your recent 2014 Impala purchase! To use the Trip B calculator Press the trip/fuel button until TRIP A or TRIP B displays. Each trip odometer can be reset to zero separately by pressing the set/ reset button while the desired trip odometer is displayed. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 6th, 2013, 4:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by damockstadad
I have a 2014 Impala 2LTZ that I purchased about a month ago. I've read the manual and the manual states their is a Trip A odometer and a Trip B odometer. I have found the Trip A odometer but have not been able to determine how to activate the Trip B odometer. Is there something I am simply overlooking or must I make a trip back to Mr. Goodwrench? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You need to add the trip B option along with speed limit and others.

Read the manual.
Old November 6th, 2013, 5:27 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by damockstadad
To add Trip B you have to go into settings and select Trip B to cause it to appear on your instrument cluster.

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala questions