Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala questions

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2014, 12:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been noticing every time I hit a puddle or today when I did an underbody car wash that there is an usually large amount of "steam" coming out the grill and engine bay? I went into a store afterwards and a woman asked me was my car smoking...

I've only had the car a week and it just strikes me as awkward like there is no splash guard or something...

Any one else experience something similar?
Old February 8th, 2014, 7:42 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 10yearguy
I've been noticing every time I hit a puddle or today when I did an underbody car wash that there is an usually large amount of "steam" coming out the grill and engine bay? I went into a store afterwards and a woman asked me was my car smoking...

I've only had the car a week and it just strikes me as awkward like there is no splash guard or something...

Any one else experience something similar?

Yes. Please read here.
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/smoke-steam-coming-front-end-car-2014-impala-after-car-wash-62067/
Old March 13th, 2014, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

where on my 2014 impala is the camera lens located? my camera only showed a grey and white screen.however when I went to the car wash.lo and behold I had a beautiful clear picture.now my car is covered with roadway salt and dirt and it is back to being grey and white.i assume the lens is dirty but I don't know where the lens is located.any help?
Old March 13th, 2014, 7:02 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by chewy4
where on my 2014 impala is the camera lens located? my camera only showed a grey and white screen.however when I went to the car wash.lo and behold I had a beautiful clear picture.now my car is covered with roadway salt and dirt and it is back to being grey and white.i assume the lens is dirty but I don't know where the lens is located.any help?
the backup camera?

or the collision alert camera?

Is this a trick question?!

the backup camera is next to the rear trunk push release button.
the collision alert camera is above the rear view mirror.
Old March 17th, 2014, 11:49 AM
CF Junior Member

i had my 1st trunk incident today. was sitting in the car on the phone and actually went to put something in my coat pocket but i must have hit the fob in my pants pocket against the seat or the phone. heard it pop open and was surprised.
Old March 20th, 2014, 7:03 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2014 Impala LTZ. My trunk has popped open 3 times in the last 5 days. Once in the rain. I saw a post where Customer Care Rep. Erica Tiffany had advice offline. I am wondering if she has found a solution I can pass to my local dealership. I have been keeping the key fob on my desk and in my hand for fear of the trunk releasing. I need a better solution! I have to be able to carry my keys someplace without worrying about my trunk!

Thank you!

John
Old March 20th, 2014, 8:40 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Jdrose1961
I have a 2014 Impala LTZ. My trunk has popped open 3 times in the last 5 days. Once in the rain. I saw a post where Customer Care Rep. Erica Tiffany had advice offline. I am wondering if she has found a solution I can pass to my local dealership. I have been keeping the key fob on my desk and in my hand for fear of the trunk releasing. I need a better solution! I have to be able to carry my keys someplace without worrying about my trunk!

Thank you!

John

I posted something some where about this.

Quick Question though - does your FOB say "HOLD" on the trunk release button?

*Edit - in fact, I posted it previously in this post. So go and read it.
Old March 20th, 2014, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

Mine does say "hold" on it. I did find a post with a link to something like a Tech service bulletin that talks about the 2013 ATS and Impala and some of the 2014 Impalas. I've taken a screen shot of that bulletin and forwarded it to my sales rep. I also sent him the code inside the keyslot...Hopefully they can program it with that info and extend the "hold" time.

Quick note: The toll free number in that bulletin is for dealers only. They referred me back to my dealership (who hasnt acknowledged this is a problem...wish me luck)
Old March 21st, 2014, 7:16 AM
CF Beginner

Default Update on the sensitive key fobs

After showing the salesman the TSB, he took it to service. The service manager has now said "oh yeah...we can fix that" So I will be taking the key fobs to them and if I have any say in the settings of that button....adding a 2 second delay (instead of one second recommended...or in the case of these..1/2second now programmed into them). Still seems like a poor design that this could happen. I've never had a door, or trunk, or even panic button just go off because it was in a pocket.
Old March 21st, 2014, 7:48 AM
CF Veteran

Cool. I have had it happen on my 2002 z24 once.
But it was more difficult in the pocket.

Well let us know how it turns out.
I did have my door lock or unlock keys activate once.

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala questions