Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala questions

Search this Thread

Old November 6th, 2013, 8:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi damockstadad,

Congratulations on your recent 2014 Impala purchase! To use the Trip B calculator Press the trip/fuel button until TRIP A or TRIP B displays. Each trip odometer can be reset to zero separately by pressing the set/ reset button while the desired trip odometer is displayed. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
This information is for pre-2014 Impalas. The 2014 has a completely redesigned DIC and you have to select with a check mark which items will appear in the INFO display as others have said.
Old November 6th, 2013, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default Trip B Has Been Found!

Thanks all of you for helping me find the elusive Trip B odometer in my Info Settings. The manual made more sense to me once I found the proper section. Thanks again for all of your help!
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

No trunk issues either with force to close or fob. I was used to an SUV so it took me a couple of times to get used to the trunk closing versus a heavy liftgate but that was me, not the car.
Old December 1st, 2013, 8:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default update

Originally Posted by Weeble1150
I've also got the 2014 2LTZ with White Diamond Tricoat but black/gray interion. Get lots of comments on it. Hope yours doesn't have the trunk release issue that mine does. Since I got it on June 30, the trunk has spontaneously opened 6 times, 5 times in my driveway and once at church. The time it opened prior to a rain storm (without my knowing it had opened) was not a fun clean up. The dealer cannot find the problem, of course.
Update!
My trunk has spontaneously opened three more times:
11/8/13 -- sometime in the a.m.; in my driveway; Neither key fob had been touched that day.
11/10/13 -- ~1 p.m. ; in my driveway; Neither key fob had been touched that day, but OnStar had accessed the car at 10:39 a.m for its monthly checkup.
11/24/13 -- between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.; at church; my key fob was in my pocket, wife's was in a pocket in her purse.

Also....Erica Tiffany asked me to PM her with info (post #7 in this thread). I did so, but have not heard from her.

Grrr!
Old December 2nd, 2013, 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Weeble1150
Update!
My trunk has spontaneously opened three more times:
11/8/13 -- sometime in the a.m.; in my driveway; Neither key fob had been touched that day.
11/10/13 -- ~1 p.m. ; in my driveway; Neither key fob had been touched that day, but OnStar had accessed the car at 10:39 a.m for its monthly checkup.
11/24/13 -- between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.; at church; my key fob was in my pocket, wife's was in a pocket in her purse.

Also....Erica Tiffany asked me to PM her with info (post #7 in this thread). I did so, but have not heard from her.

Grrr!
Does this happen anywhere except your driveway or church? If not, that's a big hint for troubleshooting.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 1:13 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Weeble1150,

I am here. I have just double checked my inbox, I do not see your message. I will private message you now for your information. I certainly apologize for any error on our part.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 9th, 2013, 7:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Keyless Remote Problems.

I have owned my 2014 Impala for about 6 weeks. I have found the trunk open more than a dozen times. Also, sometimes I find the car unlocked when I am sure I locked it. I believe the problems are caused by the buttons on the keyless remote being depressed while the remote is in my pocket. They are not recessed nearly as much as the buttons on my Traverse remote which never gives me trouble. The manual says you have to press and hold the trunk release button for it to work, but a simple quick press will set it off. I consider this a serious problem. It will only take one hard rainstorm with the trunk open to seriously damage my trunk, not to mention theft issues. I have started setting the valet system when I know bad weather is coming, but my wife never does this. The keyless remote needs to be redesigned on this vehicle.
Old December 19th, 2013, 2:23 AM
CF Beginner

Hi

I test drove the impala 2014 the other day, ... liked almost everything about it, ... that steering though ... its extra sensitive to the point that makes you feel its loss :/ and it (the steering wheel) doesn't stay where it is even when driving straight it keeps on rotating with the lightest force? whats the deal with this super electric power steer? is it normal for Chevys ? or its just the car I drove? I have drove many non-american cars before, and the steering is very different in the impala, is it a new feature or the steering wheel in the car I drove was busted? can the sensitivity be adjusted?

would love to hear from the owners
Old December 19th, 2013, 7:44 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Discussion here

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=263561#post263561

Originally Posted by impala_
Hi

I test drove the impala 2014 the other day, ... liked almost everything about it, ... that steering though ... its extra sensitive to the point that makes you feel its loss :/ and it (the steering wheel) doesn't stay where it is even when driving straight it keeps on rotating with the lightest force? whats the deal with this super electric power steer? is it normal for Chevys ? or its just the car I drove? I have drove many non-american cars before, and the steering is very different in the impala, is it a new feature or the steering wheel in the car I drove was busted? can the sensitivity be adjusted?

would love to hear from the owners
Old February 4th, 2014, 1:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WilWHD
I have owned my 2014 Impala for about 6 weeks. I have found the trunk open more than a dozen times. Also, sometimes I find the car unlocked when I am sure I locked it. I believe the problems are caused by the buttons on the keyless remote being depressed while the remote is in my pocket. They are not recessed nearly as much as the buttons on my Traverse remote which never gives me trouble. The manual says you have to press and hold the trunk release button for it to work, but a simple quick press will set it off. I consider this a serious problem. It will only take one hard rainstorm with the trunk open to seriously damage my trunk, not to mention theft issues. I have started setting the valet system when I know bad weather is coming, but my wife never does this. The keyless remote needs to be redesigned on this vehicle.
The keyfob can be reprogrammed for a long trunk release press.

Unwanted Trunk Opening

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala questions