Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala questions

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2014, 2:10 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello John,

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I am glad you were able to make contact with your local dealership regarding your concerns and that they are able to assist you. If you would like to further discuss your situation, please send us a private message that includes your contact information, VIN and dealership name.

Laura M. (assisting)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 21st, 2014, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jdrose1961
I have a 2014 Impala LTZ. My trunk has popped open 3 times in the last 5 days. Once in the rain. I saw a post where Customer Care Rep. Erica Tiffany had advice offline. I am wondering if she has found a solution I can pass to my local dealership. I have been keeping the key fob on my desk and in my hand for fear of the trunk releasing. I need a better solution! I have to be able to carry my keys someplace without worrying about my trunk!

Thank you!

John
I had the same situation with my 2014 LTZ -- multiple openings. Not a key fob problem.
My dealer was contacted by Customer Reps monitoring this board. I contacted the dealer and they did a reprogram per some TSB (I don't know which one.) This was done 1/2/14, and I have not had a spontaneous trunk opening since then. (The reprogramming *did* wipe out my XM presets, but not the AM or FM ones.)
Old March 24th, 2014, 7:44 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jdrose1961
After showing the salesman the TSB, he took it to service. The service manager has now said "oh yeah...we can fix that" So I will be taking the key fobs to them and if I have any say in the settings of that button....adding a 2 second delay (instead of one second recommended...or in the case of these..1/2second now programmed into them). Still seems like a poor design that this could happen. I've never had a door, or trunk, or even panic button just go off because it was in a pocket.
this happened to me over the weekend. i went to help someone lift a tv and when i came out of the house my trunk was open. no doubt because the fob in my pocket was somehow pressed when i was squatting down. if i could easily program out the remote trunk i probably would.
Old July 24th, 2014, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

While at work, I have discovered my trunk was open about 6 times in the 3 months I have owned my Impala. I contacted my dealership's service department and they were not aware of the problem with the 2014 Impala's trunk opening. Other than emailing the the link to Sandblogs.com does anyone have the actual TSB number I can give him over the phone?
Old July 24th, 2014, 2:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Hello,

Please let us know if we can be of assistance! We understand how frustrating it can be when you experience issues with your vehicle. Although we are unable to provide information regarding technical service bulletins, we would be happy to contact your dealership on your behalf to speak with them about the issue. You are welcome to send us a private message at any time with your name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, an name of involved dealership.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by jhollin1138
While at work, I have discovered my trunk was open about 6 times in the 3 months I have owned my Impala. I contacted my dealership's service department and they were not aware of the problem with the 2014 Impala's trunk opening. Other than emailing the the link to Sandblogs.com does anyone have the actual TSB number I can give him over the phone?
Old July 25th, 2014, 8:01 AM
CF Beginner

Default Trunk Opens Inadvtantly - Fixed

So I posted a few months back about my trunk being open by itself for what appeared to be no reason during the day.

I took it to the dealership, told them what I learned online and they completed the fix. But they did not know they problem existed until I insisted they research what I had found.

Basically it is a line of code somewhere in your vehicle computer that puts the "delay" for the keyfob trunk release at .2 seconds. that means all you have to do is breath heavy on it and your trunk will pop open.

The original code is supposed to read 2.0 seconds. A long enough delay so it wont open by just having the keyfob in your pocket.

The dealer has to take your VIN....send it to somewhere...(Detroit?) and a programmer has to rewrite the code for your VIN to change the delay time. Then they send it back to the dealership....service department and they upload it into your vehicle.

For me it took 2 trips....the programmmer (in detroit?) had problems amending the program for my VIN....

The second time I went back it was changed and it took less than 30 minutes to upload it.

I have had no problems since this fix was put in place.

John
Old August 12th, 2014, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello,

Please let us know if we can be of assistance! We understand how frustrating it can be when you experience issues with your vehicle. Although we are unable to provide information regarding technical service bulletins, we would be happy to contact your dealership on your behalf to speak with them about the issue. You are welcome to send us a private message at any time with your name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, an name of involved dealership.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
My Impala's trunk was reprogrammed by my dealer on August 2nd. Got a call from one of my coworkers that my trunk was open. Looks like I'll never be able to keep my key in my pocket. So everyday, while leaving the office, I'll have to make 2 trips. First trip to my car without my key, second trip with my key after returning to my office to grab it.
Old August 13th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by jhollin1138
My Impala's trunk was reprogrammed by my dealer on August 2nd. Got a call from one of my coworkers that my trunk was open. Looks like I'll never be able to keep my key in my pocket. So everyday, while leaving the office, I'll have to make 2 trips. First trip to my car without my key, second trip with my key after returning to my office to grab it.
Hi Jhollin1138,

We're very sorry to hear this and we can definitely understand how frustrating your trunk randomly opening can be. I will be happy to contact your dealership and discuss this further with them. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care
Old August 13th, 2014, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

If your Impala has the valet parking feature you can prevent the trunk from popping. I know its a pain, but the transmit
ter can't open the trunk when you set the valet function when you park your car. We've had ours changed to the longer button press time but occasionally it will still pop the trunk. We valet on rainy days or when something valuable is left in the trunk.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default Problems with DIC and Settings

I have a 2014 2LTZ Impala with 7K miles purchased 30 Sep 2013. The DIC seems to have a mind of its own. I choose my settings I want displayed in the DIC and after a two to three week period the settings return to default mode. For example I selected Trip B to be displayed in the DIC. It stays on for a few weeks and then disappears along with other selections I had made from the menu list. I have taken it to my dealer who cannot explain why this
is happening, only that it could be from "power line interference". Unfortunately, I cannot keep from driving under or near power lines. The same time I have to reset the DIC, I also receive a message in the DIC stating the "accident avoidance system is turned off". I then must go into settings and select the on position for that system. I'm getting tired of resetting these functions. Has anyone had a similar problem or have a suggestion on what might be the cause of these anomalies? Any help is greatly appreciated since I am not getting anywhere with my dealer. Thanks

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala questions