Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala questions

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2014, 11:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dealer has a bulletin for trip B issue. mine worked perfectly since, no resets
Old September 4th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by damockstadad
I have a 2014 2LTZ Impala with 7K miles purchased 30 Sep 2013. The DIC seems to have a mind of its own. I choose my settings I want displayed in the DIC and after a two to three week period the settings return to default mode. For example I selected Trip B to be displayed in the DIC. It stays on for a few weeks and then disappears along with other selections I had made from the menu list. I have taken it to my dealer who cannot explain why this
is happening, only that it could be from "power line interference". Unfortunately, I cannot keep from driving under or near power lines. The same time I have to reset the DIC, I also receive a message in the DIC stating the "accident avoidance system is turned off". I then must go into settings and select the on position for that system. I'm getting tired of resetting these functions. Has anyone had a similar problem or have a suggestion on what might be the cause of these anomalies? Any help is greatly appreciated since I am not getting anywhere with my dealer. Thanks
Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing with your DIC. I see that you stated the dealership was unable to find a resolution for your concern. We can imagine how this must be frustrating and we want to apologize for this inconvenience. Would you like to visit another dealership for a second opinion? We will be happy to contact another dealership in your area on your behalf and discuss your concern further with them. Please private message us your VIN, mileage and contact information if we can look further into this matter for you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 6th, 2014, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

I've had my 2014 Impala LTZ for 3 days now. I've never been a GM fan but this car is great. My LTZ is fully loaded, I specifically searched for a vehicle with all options available since I plan to keep it for the long haul. Anyway, besides all of the great qualities and comfort, a couple of things have already made my wish list for this vehicle:
- Power windows with express-up option throughout (not just the driver's).
- Front park assistance with proximity sensors (especially since the rear park assist is so well done)
- Windshield wiper Rain sensor (so common on other vehicles, including GM's)
- Better looking speed and RPM clusters. Everything else on the dashboard inspires modern, except the old style clusters right in the drivers face. What a waste of opportunity to be creative there.
- Oh, and I almost forgot, what a great idea of offering a special place for an umbrella in the driver's door panel, except for missing a chance to offer or sell a GM-branded umbrella that fits there.

Anyone else bothered by these issues? Or other ones?
Old September 7th, 2014, 4:32 AM
CF Junior Member

- Power windows with express-up option throughout (not just the driver's).
It may be a safety issue that prevents you from auto-losing a window that's not yours. Think of kids in the car, or a dog.

- Front park assistance with proximity sensors (especially since the rear park assist is so well done)
Agreed! I'm sick of parking too far from the curb because I don't want to mess up the air dam.

- Windshield wiper Rain sensor (so common on other vehicles, including GM's)
Agreed! That huge thing on the windshield could do one more little thing.

- Better looking speed and RPM clusters. Everything else on the dashboard inspires modern, except the old style clusters right in the drivers face. What a waste of opportunity to be creative there.
They do the job, but I see your point. Maybe they figured the DIC offers enough innovation in that area so they didn't want to overdo it. I wonder why no HUD available on highest trim level since there is a blinking light HUD there already for forward collision.

- Oh, and I almost forgot, what a great idea of offering a special place for an umbrella in the driver's door panel, except for missing a chance to offer or sell a GM-branded umbrella that fits there.
Agreed!

I have one ergonomic issue. I find the steering wheel doesn't extend toward the driver far enough (for those of us who put the seat back due to long legs).
Old September 7th, 2014, 1:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryFL

They do the job, but I see your point. Maybe they figured the DIC offers enough innovation in that area so they didn't want to overdo it. I wonder why no HUD available on highest trim level since there is a blinking light HUD there already for forward collision.
I hate how the fuel is on the left and the coolant gauge is on the right.

This is backwards from my other GM's.

When did GM start doing this? Is it across models now?
Old October 9th, 2014, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

My headlights and infotainment illumination are doing what whucky's are doing. Many times on clear sunny days, an hour or more past sun up or before sundown! The car thinks it is night and dims the instrument cluster and infotainment brightness. It is quite irritating. I've told the dealer they must try SOMETHING, like changing the sensor (photocell?) when I am therey for oil change in a week. Where Is the sensor? At the base of middle of the dash? Or is it in that assembly with the rear view mirror?
Old October 10th, 2014, 9:11 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Ckharrry
My headlights and infotainment illumination are doing what whucky's are doing. Many times on clear sunny days, an hour or more past sun up or before sundown! The car thinks it is night and dims the instrument cluster and infotainment brightness. It is quite irritating. I've told the dealer they must try SOMETHING, like changing the sensor (photocell?) when I am therey for oil change in a week. Where Is the sensor? At the base of middle of the dash? Or is it in that assembly with the rear view mirror?
Turn the dash display brightness up. It's the roller **** left of the steering wheel. spin it upwards.

I have no problems with display brightness when sunglasses on and when it turns the lights on in daylight when it thinks it is dark out under some trees or a bridge.
Old October 10th, 2014, 10:57 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Ckharrry
My 2014 Impala has started doing the same thing just in the last week or so. I had a new state inspection right before and wondered if they had placed the inspection sticker too close to the sensor. There is a small dome near the windshield right beside the state inspection sticker , if that's the sensor, it is often in the shade of the sticker early and late in the day.
Old October 10th, 2014, 11:06 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by WilWHD
My 2014 Impala has started doing the same thing just in the last week or so. I had a new state inspection right before and wondered if they had placed the inspection sticker too close to the sensor. There is a small dome near the windshield right beside the state inspection sticker , if that's the sensor, it is often in the shade of the sticker early and late in the day.
I have a state inspection and property tax sticker in the middle of the windshield at the base.
Old October 13th, 2014, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Sledge.impy - I'm not gonna readjust the brightness twice every day like that. They need figure it out and to make it work right. Other vehicles I've had brighten and dim at the correct light levels. So back to the original question. Who KNOWS where the sensor is?

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala questions