Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 LTZ in for service & warranty work

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2014, 8:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 LTZ in for service & warranty work

Dropped car in for free service (oil at 16%, 5500 miles), and for three warranty issues:

1. Headliner wearing through from sun shade contact. They said they will have to replace the headliner and make an adjustment so it won't happen again. I'll have to bring it in again since the headliner isn't in stock.

2. Driver's seat is a bit loose (backrest wiggles slightly - .25").

3. MyLink sometimes cannot understand my command or ignores my completely, then works the next day, etc.

oh, and they very busy with recall-mania. They had courtesy cars lined as part of GM's promise to make things right. I don't think my car has a recall.
Old July 7th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Glad to hear that your dealership was able to get your concerns addressed despite all the recall traffic, LarryFL. We're sure you'll be providing additional updates once you have to return to get the headliner replaced. Let us know how everything goes!

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 1st, 2014, 4:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Got car back (they had it for a week) for full headliner replacement, sunshade replacement, and adjustments so it doesn't happen again. They also did the power steering recall while there.

Glad to be out of the Sonic LT sedan after 5 days.

It took longer than I thought, but the result is great. If you are local to Broward County, Florida, I recommend Lou Bachrodt Chevrolet in Coconut Creek.
Old August 1st, 2014, 5:23 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by LarryFL
Got car back (they had it for a week) for full headliner replacement, sunshade replacement, and adjustments so it doesn't happen again. They also did the power steering recall while there.

It took longer than I thought, but the result is great. If you are local to Broward County, Florida, I recommend Lou Bachrodt Chevrolet in Coconut Creek.
Fantastic news, LarryFL! Send us your VIN and contact information if you'd like for us to forward the compliment directly to Lou Bachrodt Chevrolet.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 3rd, 2014, 10:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by LarryFL

So how is the seat-back now? When I was home last, in Mar-Apr, I discovered that the control to raise and lower the front portion of the seat was broken and I could only raise/lower the rear half of the seat. I took it in and they fixed that after two visits (the first thing they tried, whatever it was, didn't work so they had to order the whole module). So that was cool that they got the button working, but the seat felt "off" after words. It felt like it had a slight lean to one side, felt a bit loose, and had a spot when moving the seat-back where it would catch and have a slight popping noise as it moved past that spot.
I'll probably take it in next month when I am back again. Was just wondering what the problem and fix-action was for that seat.
Old August 5th, 2014, 6:33 AM
CF Junior Member

They said my seatback was 'normal' since it was the same in 2 other new Impalas they compared to.
Old August 5th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Official GM Rep

Hi EYEL1NER,

We understand how this situation can be frustrating, and we want to assist in a resolution for you! You mentioned you would be taking the vehicle into the dealership next month. Please keep us posted on the progress of this situation. If the concern remains unresolved, we would be happy to reach out to your dealership on your behalf.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by EYEL1NER
So how is the seat-back now? When I was home last, in Mar-Apr, I discovered that the control to raise and lower the front portion of the seat was broken and I could only raise/lower the rear half of the seat. I took it in and they fixed that after two visits (the first thing they tried, whatever it was, didn't work so they had to order the whole module). So that was cool that they got the button working, but the seat felt "off" after words. It felt like it had a slight lean to one side, felt a bit loose, and had a spot when moving the seat-back where it would catch and have a slight popping noise as it moved past that spot.
I'll probably take it in next month when I am back again. Was just wondering what the problem and fix-action was for that seat.