Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2015 Impala after market fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old September 5th, 2015, 1:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2015 Impala after market fog lights?

We recently bought a new 2015 Impala 2LT. It is the first vehicle I've had in over 25 yrs. that doesn't have fog lights and I really miss them. I would like to have them added but I have attained the age where I can't/don't want to do the work myself. Any ideas on whether they can be added and, if so, where I might have it done?
I didn't order them when we bought the car because, as I recall, they were part of a package that also included a lot of stuff I didn't want or need and added a couple thousand to the cost of the car.
Old September 7th, 2015, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Impala after market fog lights?

I purchased a new 2014 2LT in January, I too wanted the led driving lights.

It can be done, I found a Web site, and I purchased the wiring harness, brackets as well as the left and right driving lights for approximately 450.00.

They also sells the kit, but I pieced it together to save $.

As for instalation, there's a step by step do it yourself with photos of someone also installing for the first time.

If you don't install it yourself you're probably looking at a few hundred dollars for instalation and that's not at a dealer. Gen5diy.com is the website.

It really makes the car look nicer, and not many have the lights who didn't purchase an LTZ package for thousands more...
Old September 9th, 2015, 10:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JimK
We recently bought a new 2015 Impala 2LT. It is the first vehicle I've had in over 25 yrs. that doesn't have fog lights and I really miss them. I would like to have them added but I have attained the age where I can't/don't want to do the work myself. Any ideas on whether they can be added and, if so, where I might have it done?
I didn't order them when we bought the car because, as I recall, they were part of a package that also included a lot of stuff I didn't want or need and added a couple thousand to the cost of the car.
U mean like here?

Adding LTZ LED DRL's 2014-15 Impala - Chevy Impala Forums
Old September 9th, 2015, 10:54 PM
CF Veteran

honestly - the HIDs really make any serious fog light obsolete.
Old September 10th, 2015, 1:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default Yes...

That's the site with the step by step installation instructions
Old September 12th, 2015, 1:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks for all the replies, but that doesn't seem to be what I had in mind. What I'm looking for are the usually low mounted lights that illuminate the road in front of you in fog or heavy rain. Usually they're yellow. They have their own switch and operate independently of the headlights.
I have found them to be a great help when driving on dark roads in the rain. They have been on every vehicle I have owned for at least the past 25 yrs. and now, in the 2015, they are gone.
Old September 13th, 2015, 8:56 PM
CF Veteran

Yeah like I mentioned, they are no longer needed.
Old September 15th, 2015, 9:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Yeah like I mentioned, they are no longer needed.
If that works for you, that's great. I have been on some wet, black roads at night where the light from traditional fog lights lighting up the road directly in front of me would have been a big help.
Old September 22nd, 2015, 1:47 AM
CF Beginner

Do you mean something like those KC HiLites off-road lights, I bought a set here KC HiLites KC POD Series HID Offroad Lights and Offroad HID Xenon Spotlight Kits | Xtralights.com you may want to check them out.