Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2015 Impala - how do I unlock it if battery dies?

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2016, 4:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2015 Impala - how do I unlock it if battery dies?

I've had that car for over a year and a thought just occurred to me. There are no keyholes by the door or trunk - it appears the only way to unlock the car doors or trunk is with the key fob. This, of course, assumes the battery in the car has a charge. But, if something happens and the battery dies, how do I get into the car? And, no, breaking a window is not an acceptable option.
Old August 9th, 2016, 2:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimK
I've had that car for over a year and a thought just occurred to me. There are no keyholes by the door or trunk - it appears the only way to unlock the car doors or trunk is with the key fob. This, of course, assumes the battery in the car has a charge. But, if something happens and the battery dies, how do I get into the car? And, no, breaking a window is not an acceptable option.
There is on the driver side door handle a cap that pops off and there is a key hole to unlock the driver side door.
Old August 9th, 2016, 8:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kriskris10
There is on the driver side door handle a cap that pops off and there is a key hole to unlock the driver side door.
I was wondering about that. But it apparently takes more than a good pull to get it off. Do I need to use a screwdriver or pocket knife to pop it loose?
Old August 11th, 2016, 12:19 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It does not come straight off. It is listed on page 2-11 in the owners manual. Rather than use a screwdriver or pocket knife, it says to use the key itself to pop the cap off.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/att...1&d=1471015475
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Impala - how do I unlock it if battery dies?-key1.jpg  

Last edited by Frank3; August 12th, 2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old August 11th, 2016, 8:57 PM
CF Active Member

Of course the owners manual will be in the glove box when this happens so...a special thanks to Frank for the copy and paste! Now if we could just get the pictures to go with those (#).
Old August 12th, 2016, 12:04 AM
CF Beginner

http://youtu.be/x87fBmqyxcg
Old August 12th, 2016, 10:25 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've update the entry to include the numbers callouts.