Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

AC Off Due to High Engine Temp

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2021, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry AC Off Due to High Engine Temp

2015 Impala 3.6L with around 112K miles.

Ok, beginning of problems:

This is my wifes car and we have had no issues up until around 2 months ago. One morning while she was headed to work she got the famous "AC Off Due to High Engine Temp" and the temperature gage goes straight to C and stays there. She parks it and I go buy the Coolant temperature sensor at the local parts store and replace it fairly easy, we don't get the alarm again for over a month. Then it throws the same alarm again, I doubt it's the sensor but since they aren't but like 10 bucks, I replaced the sensor again. Once again, we didn't get the alarm again for almost 3 weeks, then the car threw the alarm again. So I moved on to maybe it's the connector to the sensor, just replaced that connector last night and she got the error again this morning. Coolant level is perfect, I've replaced 2 sensors and 1 connector. I don't know what else to replace, the car is not overheating so I know the thermostat is opening and closing correctly. What else could I do? I know if I take it the Chevy dealer, they're going to want to replace the sensor and/or connector again. I'm stuck and don't know what else to do, any and all help would be appreciated!
Old June 24th, 2021, 9:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

post the code that is setting.
you may be lost but a smart dealer tech can diagnose this in 10minutes
The following users liked this post:
oilcanhenry (June 24th, 2021)