Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Adding Ipod/Aux to 2004 Impala

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2009, 10:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Ipod/Aux to 2004 Impala

I'm adding an AIP-GM01 Ipod/aux to my daugher's 2004 Impala's stock radio. It is the stock radio with with a CD/AUX button and NO Onstae. I think I've done my research and am ready to go. I found the sticky on removing the dash so that should help a ton.

A couple of things... Any issues splicing the power and ground into the existing radio harness power (switched which is Yellow) and Ground (Black)?

How about location for the Ipod/Aux box? Anyone have any experience on where there is a great place to locate it it for usage and clean look? Or how to attach it to wherever? I think this may take the most time!

What's a good guess for amount of time I'll need to invest in this mod? I've got one other repair I need to perform and I'm putting that in a separate thread.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help!!!
Old December 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Have you done this yet? i think i have the same radio and was thinking of doing something similar in the future. how did it turn out?
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Meh...

Tried it and had NO luck. Specs for taking off the dash to access the radio were very good. Tried several different ways to hooking up the AIP-GM01 with NO luck. Got frustrated with it after 2 hours and trashed the idea. My daughter said she would also take option to playing MP3 CDs so I have been investigating this idea. I want to use a stock radio but have had trouble getting the final word that the model number I think will fit (10348717) will actually fit. Submitted a question that still hasn't been responded to (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/04-impala-oem-cd-upgrade-oem-mp3-help-28550/). Chevy dealers are of no use answering my question.

Anyway, that's my status and I hope you have better luck!
Old December 30th, 2009, 1:15 PM
CF Junior Member

I fount this in another thread here

http://www.installer.com/item/displa....php?it=ISGM73

but i think it is along the same lines. maybe try their customer support at their website.