Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Air Condition AC

Old August 11th, 2018, 4:37 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 20InchBladesOnTheImpala
Same amount. Everything is good on oil. But after pulling vacuum today I tried to add refrigerant and it just wouldn't go in the system. It was at a standstill. After trying to get two cans to go in the system I ditched the gauges and added the 3rd can with a small hose that comes with the large disposable cans. I don't know what's up with the gauges I don't think they're good. I don't know how much my pressure is now. I will buy one of them hoses with the built in gauge.
Lots of cheap A/C gauges out there these days, including the Chinese junk on those A/C cans . I'd get a good set, not an "El Cheapo" brand from Harbor Freight, J.C. Whitney, ect.

Assuming that you engaged the A/C clutch during installation of the R-134A, it should have taken the charge. Perhaps you can borrow a good set of gauges from someone, or a shop can test your system? Are you getting any cooling effect at all? Perhaps your system only needs two cans, not three?
Old August 11th, 2018, 2:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i rented the gauges and pump from auto zone. and i googled the refrigerant capacity for my car, its 36oz (3 small cans)

Search this Thread