Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Another late impala (2007) with warped rotors.

Search this Thread

Old September 13th, 2014, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes do not go with standard rotors,been thru same crap. Spend a few extra bucks and get some better after market rotors. The back rotors are solid, no way to cool down like fronts with the vents in the middle. I got vents on all rotors now with slots and drilled. So much better, no brake pad fade. If you buy brakes and rotors for all way around kit it's about 313.00 bucks.
Old October 15th, 2014, 5:45 AM
CF Beginner

LUK Schaffer rotors were well priced and have been performing well so far after about 6 months of use. Installed them on my Cross Drilled Rotors Chevrolet Aveo and they work just fine, definitely recommend.

Originally Posted by stinman
yes do not go with standard rotors,been thru same crap. Spend a few extra bucks and get some better after market rotors. The back rotors are solid, no way to cool down like fronts with the vents in the middle. I got vents on all rotors now with slots and drilled. So much better, no brake pad fade. If you buy brakes and rotors for all way around kit it's about 313.00 bucks.
Old November 30th, 2014, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

I’ve used SP Performance Rotors and brake pads for past 10 years on different cars that I’ve owned. I’ve never had any problems. I was able to get 73,000 miles on a set of their Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors opposed to around 29,000 miles on the stock rotors on my 1500 Pick Up .

I purchased a new set for my Impala about 2 months ago and the car stop much better, don’t need to push on the pedal has hard to get it to stop. I purchased them from www.street-plus.com and used Promotion Code 10F-626-5 and receive a 10% Discount. I believe the code is still active.