Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Ask for Impala change

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2009, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ask for Impala change

I love Impala, I think the 09's are nice but I think the car needs a face lift.... I wrote GM telling them they need to change it and why. Look at the New Charger and Tarus, fresh look and more power. So if your like me, please write GM and tell them to change the Impala. Bring back the Impala to where is was in the 60's, sporty and stylish. Bring back the triple tail lights! You can write them at thier GM site or send them an Idea at http://www.gm.com/experience/technology/innovations/

Gook luck!
Old July 10th, 2009, 3:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Bring back the classic body lines of the 1967 Impalas, one of my favorites.
Old July 10th, 2009, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Please write GM and tell them....I wanna see the Impala back to its glory and rightful spot as a sports car
Old July 11th, 2009, 5:08 AM
CF Junior Member

I don't think it will ever happen. Government Motors is going to make cars they want you to buy, not the cars you want. Expect little electric cars.
Old July 11th, 2009, 2:32 PM
CF Beginner

I hope your wrong. Thats why I wrote them and yea they may not listen to just me but if enough people write and get on them about their car Im sure they'll listen. For thier sake I hope they listen.
Old July 11th, 2009, 7:40 PM
CF Veteran

Was reading the posts here and agree. Would like the 2010 Impala to go back to rear wheel drive and a retro look (back to the 1966 two door Carprice) would be nice. I liked those taillights and the squared-off rear window pocket. The gold 67 is one my favorites too (nice ride). And don't give-up, after all this is the Chevrolet Forum.
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

I was just reading today that there might be a change comming for Impala after all. Its not confirmed as of yet, but rumor has it that GM is planning on putting the Impala on the new Epsilon II platform. The same platform as the 2010 Buick La Cross. You can read the artical here on the Detriot New website http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...nk-at-Ford--GM

If You have not wrote GM please do so, I love Impala and I want to see this car where it was in the 60's...Great!
Old July 13th, 2009, 1:25 AM
CF Junior Member

Here's another option coming soon to go along with what 65Impala said:
"The automaker is launching a "Tell Fritz" Web site to allow owners and the public to share their concerns with senior management and he planned to go out on the road every month, Henderson said.
"We need to listen to the questions, ideas and the concerns of the people who matter the most," Henderson said.
The new company will focus on three top priorities, customers, cars and culture, Henderson said."
That quote appeared in an article in our local paper this morning. The link to that article can be found here
Originally Posted by 65Impala
I was just reading today that there might be a change comming for Impala after all. Its not confirmed as of yet, but rumor has it that GM is planning on putting the Impala on the new Epsilon II platform. The same platform as the 2010 Buick La Cross.
That's good to know. I've read good reviews of the LaCrosse up to this point. I would be worried however if they tried to base it off the Lucerne as I have read more negative comments about this vehicle, mainly from owners of previous model Buicks.

Last edited by ts13209; July 13th, 2009 at 1:29 AM.
Old July 13th, 2009, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Ok here some new news from GM, they are looking at keeping the G8 and calling it a Chevy Caprice. They would keep it a RWD car and leave the V8 in it.....Id rather see them use the G8 platform on the Impala. Here's the site to look at http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...-Chevy-Caprice
Old July 14th, 2009, 12:27 AM
CF Junior Member

That would be awesome . Let's keep our fingers crossed. I think if GM went ahead with their plans they made a few years back to revive Right Wheel Drive they could increase sales and regain market share. There are a lot of people out there that would buy RWD vehicles plus the market for law enforcement and taxi services.Maybe Buick and Cadillac would get a model also.
The Caprice is still available in the Middle East and is a big seller there.

Quick Reply: Ask for Impala change