Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Blind-Spot Detection Problem

Old May 10th, 2019, 4:51 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yea, I thought the same thing, like you said what's the point ?........ I may get an additional 6 months or so.
Old May 27th, 2019, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the letter. I figure i will let them do the work this time and after they are done i will try to seal it betterat the connections.
Old July 14th, 2021, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Impala Premier 45k

After I bought the car in April, used with 45000 miles.
I noticed my rh light would stay on or it would disable the blind spot detection system. I took it back they couldn't replicate it. I haven't drove it much since I bought it because I drive my Wrangler in the summer. I bought this to commute to my job on interstate. This car has horrible blind spots and imt short. I have bad depth perception and this is my first full size car I had a sonic before this (traded it for my Wrangler). I love the car, especially the comfort, horsepower and speed but honestly it's blind spots make me feel uncomfortable. It's at a chevy dealer who sees the problem but unsure how to work on it as they've never seen it before... Story of my life.
Old November 8th, 2021, 7:33 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kwhouse
After I bought the car in April, used with 45000 miles.
I noticed my rh light would stay on or it would disable the blind spot detection system. I took it back they couldn't replicate it. I haven't drove it much since I bought it because I drive my Wrangler in the summer. I bought this to commute to my job on interstate. This car has horrible blind spots and imt short. I have bad depth perception and this is my first full size car I had a sonic before this (traded it for my Wrangler). I love the car, especially the comfort, horsepower and speed but honestly it's blind spots make me feel uncomfortable. It's at a chevy dealer who sees the problem but unsure how to work on it as they've never seen it before... Story of my life.
i have heard of the blind spot sensors not working because of being covered with snow.
i wonder if the sensors are getting damaged from water/moisture?