Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Blind spot,front camera, & park assist Sensor problems

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2016, 9:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Blind spot,front camera, & park assist Sensor problems

I have a 2014 Impala that just turned 52K. I am getting 3 different codes. Service Park assist, Blind spot sensors, front camera sensor. I can't believe they all failed at the same time. I called the local Chevy dealer and they told me it will be $100 per code to diagnose. That's $300 to plug in a computer... Is this a standard charge for GM? Or is Griffin Chevrolet in Milwaukee taking me for a ride? Aren't the sensors only around $100 each? We bought the car from Bergstrom, but they sold out to Griffin. We were very happy with the car and our dealer...until now. 2000 miles out of warranty and they want to hit you hard!
Old March 29th, 2016, 7:37 PM
CF Veteran

theres a lot more to diagnosing than just plugging in a computer, depending on what the codes and issues are that isn't too far off for most shops, dealer or not. The way systems are integrated now you may only have 1 issue and its disabling the other systems so it might not have 3 separate problems anyway.
Old March 29th, 2016, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the feed back.. I thought all the widgets were great on the car, now I'm not too sure.
Old March 30th, 2016, 8:17 PM
CF Veteran

its only great if it works
Old March 29th, 2017, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 2014 Impala that the "Service Side Detection System" light came on a couple months ago. I couldn't believed that the total bill came out to $800 to replace the module on the passenger side of the car. Since I had the repair done, the dealer waived the $150 diagnostic charge. A couple weeks after getting that one done, the drivers side went bad. I refuse to pay another $800, so I just ignore he warning.