Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Bose Soumd System

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2013, 3:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose Soumd System

I have an Impala LTZ 2012 with the Bose sound system. When I accelerate it gets louder and when I decelerate it gets softer. It is pretty annoying to keep changing the sound levels. Is this normal or is there an adjustment I can make.
Old November 12th, 2013, 5:41 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RJM1962
I have an Impala LTZ 2012 with the Bose sound system. When I accelerate it gets louder and when I decelerate it gets softer. It is pretty annoying to keep changing the sound levels. Is this normal or is there an adjustment I can make.
Hi RJM1962,

I apologize if this has become a bothersome characteristic in your vehicle. Some models have the Speed Compensated Volume (SCV) feature. This will automatically adjust the radio volume to compensate for road and wind noise as the vehicle speeds up or slows down, so that the volume level is consistent. To activate SCV:

1. Set the radio volume to the desired level.
2. Press MENU to display the radio setup menu.
3. Press the softkey under the AUTO VOLUM tab on the radio display.Press the softkey under the desired Speed Compensated Volume setting (OFF, Low, Med, or High) to select the level of radio volume compensation.
The display times out after approximately 10 seconds. Each higher setting allows for more radio volume compensation at faster vehicle speeds.

I hope this helps. You can find more information regarding your Infotainment system in the vehicle Owners Manual in Chapter 7-4. Let me know if this works!

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 13th, 2013, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi RJM1962,

I apologize if this has become a bothersome characteristic in your vehicle. Some models have the Speed Compensated Volume (SCV) feature. This will automatically adjust the radio volume to compensate for road and wind noise as the vehicle speeds up or slows down, so that the volume level is consistent. To activate SCV:

1. Set the radio volume to the desired level.
2. Press MENU to display the radio setup menu.
3. Press the softkey under the AUTO VOLUM tab on the radio display.Press the softkey under the desired Speed Compensated Volume setting (OFF, Low, Med, or High) to select the level of radio volume compensation.
The display times out after approximately 10 seconds. Each higher setting allows for more radio volume compensation at faster vehicle speeds.

I hope this helps. You can find more information regarding your Infotainment system in the vehicle Owners Manual in Chapter 7-4. Let me know if this works!

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Dear Amber,

You were right on. I followed your instructions and found out it was set to high. I set it to low and now no pronounced fading. Thanks again! I never even knew that was an option!
Old November 13th, 2013, 9:22 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RJM1962
Dear Amber,

You were right on. I followed your instructions and found out it was set to high. I set it to low and now no pronounced fading. Thanks again! I never even knew that was an option!
Excellent! I'm glad this solved your problem! Please let me know if you have any other concerns. I'm more than happy to help!

Cheers

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care