Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Can SomeOne Please Tell Me if this is Common REBUILDING 2005 3.8L IMPALA FROM MISFIRE

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2017, 4:56 AM
CF Active Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Impala-Ryder
Thanks for the Response.
But, all the fuses and relay are fine, I Checked them again today. Besides what would Ignition Relay have to do with Spark? I thought that would be for the Ignition and Key, if IGN RLY is Faulty the car wouldn't even crank at all, Isn't it?
​​​​​​But, I won't over look anything anyway, I'll swap out that IGN RLY with another spare that I have and see if that'll do it.
But, I don't know what this "DFI MDL", I don't think I've seen any Fuse by that denotation, Keep in Mind that this is a 05' Impala Base with 3800 Engine.. Where would this DFI MDL Fuse be found?
From the owners manual: DFI MDL = Direct Fire Ignition Module, located in the lower half of the underhood fuse block (below the IGN RLY).

The ignition relay supplies power to the DFI MDL fuse which feeds power to the ICM. No power to the ICM would prevent spark from happening.
Old June 25th, 2017, 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Lead..

Originally Posted by a55bruce
From the owners manual: DFI MDL = Direct Fire Ignition Module, located in the lower half of the underhood fuse block (below the IGN RLY).

The ignition relay supplies power to the DFI MDL fuse which feeds power to the ICM. No power to the ICM would prevent spark from happening.
I just got off and went and checked the DFI MDL Fuse and it's Fine and Not Blown. I also checked all the other fuses in that box, they were all fine.
Old June 25th, 2017, 4:10 PM
CF Active Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you have power at the DFI MDL fuse when the key is ON?
Old July 2nd, 2017, 11:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default Conquered The No Start Saga...

Originally Posted by a55bruce
Do you have power at the DFI MDL fuse when the key is ON?
​​​​​Finally The Car has Started and Is Driving (And Don't Ask Me what the Problem Was, Too Embarrassed To Even Say it, Lolz). But another problem still persist, Same Old Dreaded Cyl#5 Misfire.
I'm thinking it's the Lifter, But I would like to get a concluding and concrete Confirmation that the Lifter is exactly what the Problem is, So that I don't go doing all the work Replacing the Lifter and it's not what the Problem is. People have told Me so many crazy things, One told Me that I have Cracked Cylinder Head. I'm thinking how could a cracked Cylinder Head cause this kind of situation?
If You haven't seen the Video of the Misfire, Please find it here https://youtu.be/YjcSTMbjK3s
Thanks.
Old December 14th, 2019, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Hope it's not too late..? I've found the Problem and it's not pretty..

Hey guys, Its been a long one. But I've found the Problem. The Cylinder #5 Hydraulic Lifter Roller bearing is Chewed up along with the corresponding Cam Lobe.
So, what I wanna know now is, how to go about replacing the camshaft and what is involved? Does the engine have to come out? Which side does the Camshaft come out of? Driver side or Passenger side?

Pics below for Your viewing pleasure..

Chewed up and Well fed.

Lifter Hole Cam Lobe Chewed up.