Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Check airbag light after pps serviced

Old December 23rd, 2016, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check airbag light after pps serviced

I received the notice to get the passenger seat airbag sensor serviced. I brought my car in to Alamo City Chevrolet, well now my service air bag light is on. The dealership is telling me that it is unrelated to the work they did on the recall, but there were no lights on prior to the visit yesterday. Supposedly the car is giving a code no communication to the air bag module. Is this related to the recent recall on the chevy impala? I keep reading that the connection wires under the seat could cause this if they are loose. Can somebody please help, I am afraid to drive my car with no airbags. I have kids.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 5:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 506 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by April Russell
I received the notice to get the passenger seat airbag sensor serviced. I brought my car in to Alamo City Chevrolet, well now my service air bag light is on. The dealership is telling me that it is unrelated to the work they did on the recall, but there were no lights on prior to the visit yesterday. Supposedly the car is giving a code no communication to the air bag module. Is this related to the recent recall on the chevy impala? I keep reading that the connection wires under the seat could cause this if they are loose. Can somebody please help, I am afraid to drive my car with no airbags. I have kids.
iirc, the sdm is the governing module for airbag functions. and ppv systems. no way they would know its not related without checking the code.. call back, get past the service writers and speak to the service manager.
Old December 27th, 2016, 8:02 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by April Russell
Hello April,

We truly regret to hear about the service airbag light concern with your Impala. Please know that your family's safety is paramount to us and we would certainly like to look into this further for you by reaching out to Alamo City. If this is something of interest, please send us a private message including your VIN and full contact information in order to proceed. We look forward to your message!

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Search this Thread