Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

My 2016 Impala 3lt, officially named "Oh Good God What Now?"

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2016, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down My 2016 Impala 3lt, officially named "Oh Good God What Now?"

Well, hello.

I hope this isn't a rant, but sorry if it is

Now, I've owned my Impala 3LT (CNG Package, most expensive there is) for the last 4 months and have had so many countless issues it's driven me insane, and now the dealership is turning me away because "We've given you tons of free labour and you keep coming back" - Service guy. I have service records in a folder thicker than the gas receipts + service records for my out-of-warranty Range Rover (avg. 11mpg )

Now, for the actual complaints, since no one at the dealership actually wants to answer them and/or thinks we're bloody nicked and delirious. I have an occasional whine when turning either left/right which has started a couple weeks ago, before you say "oh, it's the cold" it's 60F out, doubt it. Absolutely annoying and embarrassing as it can be heard from outside the vehicle. Second, the cooling fan. Good god, this thing rattles on and on, according to the dealer it's normal though. Third, windows open automatically overnight, now I don't always garage the vehicle since my garage is a full workshop, so when it is garaged it's just a car cover. My luck, the first time it rained the bloody thing opened the passenger window and did a nice cleaning of the "leather." Dealer thought we were delirious and just forgot to close the window, which we obviously had open in 40 degree weather. A sportsman's club member whom drives a Cadillac XTS had the same issue, their dealership replaced the key fob and that fixed the problem. Fourth, the cruise control has a mind of its own, sometimes it allows us to choose a speed, and some times it doesn't. Mind this is on a highway with an average speed of 60MPH. Fifth, the transmission jitters at slow speeds (at temperature) when at around 5mph and slowly getting back on throttle it will throw you back into your seat. Also downshifts, upshifts, then downshifts when slowing down, and opposite when speeding up. Sixth, light, not slight, light misfire when at idle and cold, no codes thrown, shaking in cab, disappears when warm and or throttle applied.

Also, rattles in the interior everywhere. Bloody everywhere.

I think that's all for the past month.

Last edited by RobJLR; December 27th, 2016 at 9:29 PM.