Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Clicking/Tapping Sound behind dash on passenger side

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2018, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking/Tapping Sound behind dash on passenger side

2011 Chevy Impala

There is a clicking sound coming from behind the right passenger side of the dash. It also sounds like a tapping noise. When I turn the defroster **** it stops, then starts again. When I push the outside air button, it starts and stops again. When I turn the engine off, it starts again. My worry is that this thing will drain the battery and possibly cause other damage, maybe a fire because it keeps going. My thinking is that there is some kind of actuator or motor that opens and closes the outside air door to the heater. Not sure how to fix this, if this is the problem.

Has anyone had this problem before? How did you fix or solve it? Thank you for any ideas or suggestion you can offer.
Old March 4th, 2019, 8:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's the bellow door actuator it's annoying but not life-threatening. I had the same issue every time I opened the door, but it went away on its own after a minute. One option is to replace the unit, which is DIY with an inexpensive part. I have simply disconnected the actuator for the time being.