Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

Finally a cheap passlock fix!

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2018, 5:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 gmc savanna 2500

Originally Posted by sherryberryhb
I need help to see if I can do this myself. single mom with no money. please help. Thank You

can you send me instructions in bypassing the passlockon this vehicle
Old December 7th, 2018, 2:43 AM
CF Beginner

Default Please and Thank You,

Originally Posted by Dertman420
. Please send me the diagram Brian@midatlanticmobile.com
I have a 2001 monte carlo, if this will cross reference,
please send me the diagram Jiwdan512@gmail.com
Old December 18th, 2018, 1:56 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mobileinstaller
ok first off changing the ignition switch and tumblers will do absolutely nothing sorry if you have already done this. there are three main components to the passlock II system the passlock sensor, the BCM, and the Ecm and of course the wiring in between. Odds are if this keeps happening and there is no other problems such as door locks freaking out trunk release just goin off then it's not the bcm if you do the relearn feature and it works the it is also not the Ecm. so you are left with the 3 wires that run from the bcm to the passlock sensor.odds are the passlock sensor is bad. now there are two solutions either go to the dealer and have the sensor replaced or bypass the system for good. any respectable mobile electonics installer should be able to do this no problem it takes me about 20 mins and i personally charge 40 dollars to do so hope this helps also if you are mechanically inclined in electronics i can send a diagram on how to bypass it yourself hope this all helps
how do I do it can you send it to me plz
Old December 22nd, 2018, 11:51 AM
CF Beginner

Default Please

Could you please send me the diagram on how to bypass...thank you very much

QUOTE=mobileinstaller;133910]ok first off changing the ignition switch and tumblers will do absolutely nothing sorry if you have already done this. there are three main components to the passlock II system the passlock sensor, the BCM, and the Ecm and of course the wiring in between. Odds are if this keeps happening and there is no other problems such as door locks freaking out trunk release just goin off then it's not the bcm if you do the relearn feature and it works the it is also not the Ecm. so you are left with the 3 wires that run from the bcm to the passlock sensor.odds are the passlock sensor is bad. now there are two solutions either go to the dealer and have the sensor replaced or bypass the system for good. any respectable mobile electonics installer should be able to do this no problem it takes me about 20 mins and i personally charge 40 dollars to do so hope this helps also if you are mechanically inclined in electronics i can send a diagram on how to bypass it yourself hope this all helps[/QUOTE]
Old December 26th, 2018, 12:06 AM
CF Beginner

A year ago, I had a problem starting my car . When I put the key in the ignition, the engine wouldn’t turn. I knew there wasn’t a problem with the battery because my lights, radio, etc. were still operating fine. Instead, I got a bright flashing “SECURITY” message on the front panel of the car. After a few minutes pacing around the parking lot, I returned to my car and it started without a problem. I checked online, and several car forums and articles claimed that this was a common problem in 2004 Chevrolet Impalas: some faulty wiring in the security system would stop the car from turning on because it thought you were trying to hot-wire the vehicle.
Old January 11th, 2019, 6:19 PM
CF Beginner

ok first off changing the ignition switch and tumblers will do absolutely nothing sorry if you have already done this. there are three main components to the passlock II system the passlock sensor, the BCM, and the Ecm and of course the wiring in between. Odds are if this keeps happening and there is no other problems such as door locks freaking out trunk release just goin off then it's not the bcm if you do the relearn feature and it works the it is also not the Ecm. so you are left with the 3 wires that run from the bcm to the passlock sensor.odds are the passlock sensor is bad. now there are two solutions either go to the dealer and have the sensor replaced or bypass the system for good. any respectable mobile electonics installer should be able to do this no problem it takes me about 20 mins and i personally charge 40 dollars to do so hope this helps also if you are mechanically inclined in electronics i can send a diagram on how to bypass it yourself hope this all helps
please send me the diagram, thanks rita
Old January 25th, 2019, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default Passlock byoass

Can u send me this diagram please , I've unplugged all 3 pigtails but the small auromatiabypass with a button is still plugged in
Thanks!
Old April 20th, 2019, 8:11 PM
CF Beginner

Please send me switch removal /contact cleaning procedures. wep515@gmail.com. Much Appreciated!!
Old July 23rd, 2019, 9:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default pls. send diaggram! :gigtmfe@yahoo.com

Originally Posted by alreadyplayedout
hey Mobileinstaller, could you send me the diagram on the passlock bypass that would work on my 2000 impala? thank you for your time.

Please, send diagram! send to: gigtmfe@yahoo.com Thanx!
Old July 23rd, 2019, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Jen Tindall
Can u send me this diagram please , I've unplugged all 3 pigtails but the small auromatiabypass with a button is still plugged in
Thanks!
Forgot to mention vehicle for Bt-pass Diagram! 97 Olds Achieva
Pls. send info to: gigtmfe@yahoo.com
again, Thank you!

Quick Reply: Finally a cheap passlock fix!