Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

HVAC actuators

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2017, 2:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HVAC actuators

I have a 2007 Impala , dual climate control. I know there is one on drivers side and three on passenger side. Can anyone tell me if all 4 actuators are the same part number? My fresh air/ recirculate actuator broke, now I'm hearing the dreaded clicking noise just left of the radio. I want to fix both at same time. Dorman part 604-108 supposedly covers all 4 actuators. Is this true? Appreciate any input.

Chris
Old January 17th, 2018, 8:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Really ? No one has ever replaced blend doors or recirculation door actuator motors? Again, appreciate any info. What I need to know is ,does the computer calibrate new actuator motors when engine is started and AC is turned on ?

Chris
Old January 17th, 2018, 8:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

they should all be the same. call the dealer parts debt and ask.
Old January 21st, 2018, 8:25 PM
CF Junior Member

tech 2, thanks for the input. All 4 are indeed the same part. But, does the computer calibrate each actuator upon engine start up or is that not a concern?

Chris
Old January 23rd, 2018, 8:33 PM
Super Moderator

I can't say for every model. Mthe one's i have installed did not self calibrate. most require a scan tool. the trucks could calibrate by pressing the recirc and ac buttons 3x...the leds would flash during calibration.

if on start up the doors cycle on their own...it needs calibration.
Old January 26th, 2018, 9:41 AM
CF Junior Member

tech2 , thanks again for the info.

Chris
Old February 1st, 2018, 8:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Default HVAC actuators

I want to clear up a mistake I made. There are 3, not 4 actuators that are the same.I have dual climate control. The recirculation and left and right blend door actuators are the same. The mode actuator is different. Hope I didn't confuse anyone who read this thread.
The dealer charges way too much for this job.If you have normal size hands you should be able to accomplish all three without too much cussing.Moving wire harnesses out of the way helps alot. Also lining up the new actuators can be done with 2 jumpers and a 9 volt battery so the 2 screw holes will line up. When I took the old ones out I tried to duplicate the position to the new one , but it took a few tries to get right.
I hope this helps.

Chris
Old February 3rd, 2018, 7:34 PM
Super Moderator

9v battery works or remove the actuator cover and center the gear drive so its aligned with the arrow on the cover.
Old February 7th, 2018, 11:47 AM
CF Junior Member

tech2, thanks again for the info.I don't see an arrow, but I do see a line next to the output.Might this be what you're referring to?

Chris
Old April 11th, 2021, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 06 Monte Carlo and all 3 of my blend door actuators are ticking. How do I tell which one is the main one? Do I need to replace all 3?

Quick Reply: HVAC actuators