Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

HVAC issues

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2019, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HVAC issues

08 Impala LT. Heat and cooling in the cabin are messed up.Here is what is going on: When we run the AC, the passenger side blows cold and drivers side blows hot. Thought might be issue with blend door actuators, but with the key on and engine off, I can hear the blend doors working when I change from hot to cold and visa versa. So now I am stumped as what the problem could be. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old September 14th, 2019, 1:08 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by charmar
08 Impala LT. Heat and cooling in the cabin are messed up.Here is what is going on: When we run the AC, the passenger side blows cold and drivers side blows hot. Thought might be issue with blend door actuators, but with the key on and engine off, I can hear the blend doors working when I change from hot to cold and visa versa. So now I am stumped as what the problem could be. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Very curious condition, Assuming the actuators are working as intended. What happens if you turn the heat into "high" positions, floor and dash and defrost?