Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Impala Transmission's

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2013, 7:10 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Regnant25,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. When you say shop, do you mean your Chevrolet dealership? Please private message us your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership so we can look into this further.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 17th, 2013, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by regnant25
My car is doing the same thing, slipping or jurking when accelerating from a stop but not all the time. Getting ready to take it to the shop this coming weekend. What did they find was wrong with yours?
What did u hear from the dealership when u took your car. I am having the same problem
Old December 17th, 2013, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

I am having problem with my trans slipping when coming from a stop sign or stop light. It makes a rumble sound for a couple seconds. If I take my foot off the gas pedal and then press again it will stop. I have already had my gas pedal replaced because I kept getting a reduced power indicator. I'm really getting frustrated with Chevy and this impala 2011 LT
Old December 17th, 2013, 4:49 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by calical
I am having problem with my trans slipping when coming from a stop sign or stop light. It makes a rumble sound for a couple seconds. If I take my foot off the gas pedal and then press again it will stop. I have already had my gas pedal replaced because I kept getting a reduced power indicator. I'm really getting frustrated with Chevy and this impala 2011 LT
Hi calical,

We're very sorry to learn of the frustration caused from your vehicle concerns. We'd like the chance to look more into this matter for you to see what we can do to help. If this interests you, please PM us your name, VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealership. If you have a case number, please include that in your message as well.

Thank you,

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 26th, 2014, 1:31 AM
CF Beginner

Hello I have a 2011 chevy impala and today I was at a stop light and it was a slight up hill and when I hit the accelerator it started like vibrating and the car did not move it did it a few more times but not back to back and It did not do it for the rest of the time driving home.
Old February 9th, 2014, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

I just got my 2011 impala back from the dealership where it has been since December 24 2013. This was the third time since August. This car has had tranny problems. First time car had to be towed and dealer had car for a week, second time I drove it in and it back same day, and about a week later failed again. Towed into dealer and they had it for a month. Why not replace the tranny?
Old February 9th, 2014, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

My 2008 Impala 9C1 is on it's 3rd transmission, which is now only operating with 2nd & 3rd gear.
Old March 12th, 2014, 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

Exclamation Transmission 2009 Impala

I purchased a 2009 Impala 1 year ago. It is now back in the shop to have the transmission torn down for the 2nd time in 9 months. This is scary to me because they told me the transmission warranty will be up in May. What the heck, I have never owned a car that had transmission issues. All of these issues would have cost me plenty if it wasn't still under warranty. Should I consider this car a lemon and get rid of it, after 2 times in 9 months of tearing down the transmission?
Old March 19th, 2014, 12:01 AM
CF Beginner

I just bought my 2010 impala 1 1/2 months ago and im getting like a slipping/pause between 1-2 but I feel it more on 2-3. I dropped the car off at the the dealer yesterday and hopefully I hear back today.
Old March 19th, 2014, 4:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Hi gabriel9766,

I'm sorry to hear of this concern with your Impala. Please feel free to follow up with us about your dealership visit. I will be glad to create a case and document your concern within our system. If any extra assistance is needed, please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership. We're looking forward to hear from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: Impala Transmission's