Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body
Old August 10th, 2015, 1:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Instrument panel lights and headlights flicker

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2007, 12:51 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Instrument panel lights and headlights flicker

the newer 07's like mine built Feb 12 of 07 does not have this problem. As well as a few other guys with newer build dates and the 3.9 have not seen this problem. Im suspicious of that guys answer.
Old May 9th, 2007, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, I do admit GM sometimes will look the other way on a common problem. And I was worried about this problem being one of those. BUT, the bulletin clearly states a fix is on the way...and someone a few posts ago actually had his car fixed..AND rbarrios's impala doesnt have this problem now.
Old May 10th, 2007, 6:18 AM
CF Beginner

yah, but like the previous person said, and the service manager said, even though the bulletin says the fix for the problem is coming soon, it could be 9 months or longer...ugh. I will try to follow the route of the coil pack and see if that changes anything.
Old May 10th, 2007, 3:36 PM
CF Beginner

Is the coil and ground strap supposed to stop the flickering headlight problem? My service rep seemed to think it was to fix a noise problem in the ignition sysytem.
Old May 10th, 2007, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

I wonder if Wayne C could give us the specifics of his fix. maybe he wasnt havning the same problem we are talking about. I guess i got my hopes up too soon.
Old May 16th, 2007, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

THEY FIXED IT!! THEY FIXED IT!! THEY FIXED IT!!!

I just went to my dealer today to check on things, they said they would call if they found something out, but I decided to check anyways, and it was a good thing!! A full TSB with the fix and new parts is up on the service system dated May 9th. And yes, just as Wayne C said, it is the replacement of the ignition coil and adding a ground strap to the coil. All of the parts are in stock now! Everyone..call your dealers! I have an appointment in two weeks, and I will be the first one they're doing. I guess this settles any doubts of GM fixing their mistakes and hopefully this solves all of my issues with my car. It's been a long six monthes... GM document ID # 1970489
Old May 17th, 2007, 8:26 AM
CF Beginner

Chev038 let us know if it fixes the problem..........
Old May 21st, 2007, 8:24 AM
CF Beginner

Well I dropped my car off at the dealer here in Missouri for the coil and ground strap. We will see if it fixes the problem. Has anyone had the repair done and did it fix the problem or is it still there? I will keep my fingers crossed.

Old June 1st, 2007, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Had repair parts put on my car Wednesday, May 30. Drove at highway speeds of 70-75 MPH at night on I-65 in Northwest Indiana and there was no flicker of either the headlights or the instrument panel lights. Made sure that engine kicked down into 3 cylinder mode.It seems that they actually fixed it. Only took eight months, but I guess better late than never.
Old June 4th, 2007, 11:52 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good news for you guys,

Quick Reply: Instrument panel lights and headlights flicker