Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

intermittent starting issues.

Search this Thread

Old September 25th, 2017, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default intermittent starting issues.

I have a 2010 Impala Lt that has an annoying intermittent starting issue. Sometimes when you try to start it, it just clicks one time and nothing. It may do it once and then start, It may do it for 30 minutes before it starts. Some times it starts on the first try. BUT so far it has started every time sooner or later. It is not the battery or any of the battery connections. Any ideas of what it could be would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking key switch.
The following users liked this post:
Walter2024 (April 2nd, 2024)
Old November 5th, 2017, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem on my 2003 impala and I suspect the same thing. did you find a fix ?
Old November 6th, 2017, 7:56 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Did you check the battery cable connection at the starter? It could also be the starter solenoid.
Old November 6th, 2017, 8:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default I did

I checker them again and again I changed the whole starter I mean the selenoid must be in it no ?
Originally Posted by oldchevy
Did you check the battery cable connection at the starter? It could also be the starter solenoid.
Old November 9th, 2017, 3:30 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a no start situation with a 2002 Impala. I was lucky enough to have someone try to start it while I was looking around under the hood to listen for any strange noises. I heard a faint click from the Underhood Fuse Block that is located on the RH strut tower. I ended up removing and replacing the starter relay with another one of the same type right from the same fuse block. It started right up. I was able to drive to the dealer, and replaced that relay. Never had a problem again!
Old November 11th, 2017, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

I changed the starter relay fuse but nothing happen still no crank. I suspect the bcm is acting up again cause the cluster will just clic a while after I turned the key on the off position.

this car annoye me it's more complicated than a jaguar lol
Old November 11th, 2017, 6:22 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What about the start relay located on the strut tower? Did you replace that?
Old November 14th, 2017, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

after changing all the fuses and replacing alternator, starter and the battery I checked the battery voltage and that damn thing was at 11.9 no Wonder the car wouldn't start -_- guess I bought a bad battery cause it's not even a year old. went and bought a new one replace it and the car started right up. my mom haven't notify me of any other issues.

In my case it was a bad battery ! thank for the help.